• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilotguy

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    I will be in Texas for work next weekend, and am going to the gun show in Fort Worth. I might pick up something used (rifle,) and was wondering if anyone knows of a good hard case for rifles/shotguns to be used to transport in an airplane? I have some from Bass Pro Shop, and they are good for going to the range, but I don't think they would hold up to baggage handlers. I know Pelican makes nice ones, but they are pricey, and I don't really know about others.

cowboy477989

Ceciltucky Member
    Nov 7, 2008
    Summerfield, NC
    I was in Fort Worth last week visiting family. I am jealous that you are going to the gun show. I was told it is a great show. You will have to let us know how it was.

sergey

Dec 25, 2008
    wouldn't you have to involve an FFL to purchase a rifle in texas as an MD resident?

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    Unless you have a c&r I'm pretty sure your gonna need to transfer it thru an ffl. You can buy long guns in MD in adjoining states cash and carry but not halfway across the country.

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    Last month, when I was in Ohio, I purchased a Cricket .22 for the grandson. It seems Ohio will sell any long gun to a Maryland resident if bought in person. They had a list in the gun shop of about 30 states that Ohio would sell to residents in person.

sergey

Dec 25, 2008
    I apologize but the question is about cases.

Please don't take offense, I was not trying to accuse or get into your business or anything, I was just curious if someone can go to a non-adjacent state and purchase a long gun. (I know it is not possible with handguns).

pilotguy

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    I have a Texas permit, and they use that for ID, so I don't know if you can use a Maryland license for out of state FTF on a non handgun purchase.

Independence

long member
    Jul 16, 2008
    Nottingham
    Please don't take offense, I was not trying to accuse or get into your business or anything, I was just curious if someone can go to a non-adjacent state and purchase a long gun. (I know it is not possible with handguns).

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee's premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.
    [18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

Buy away.

pilotguy

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    By the way, I decided to get a nice Peilcan case anyways. I decided it wasn't worth betting that a case that I am unfamiliar with would survive a trip at the hands of baggage handlers.

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    By the way, I decided to get a nice Peilcan case anyways. I decided it wasn't worth betting that a case that I am unfamiliar with would survive a trip at the hands of baggage handlers.

I would worry about it "getting lost" in the airports. Why not ship it to yourself Fedex or UPS?

pilotguy

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    They tell me that the gun show was smaller for Texas, but it was about the size of Chantilly. Mostly just guns and jerkey. Must be some law that you can't have a gun show without selling jerkey.

Obviously, lots of guns, lots of ammo (no ammo shortage here.) Lots of PMAGS, and I picked up some non-window versions for $12.95 each. Everyone had the GSG-5's and the Colt .22 M4's. They even had the GSG-5 SD, which is pretty nice looking up close (except for the titanium colored receiver.) Only two or three dealers had expensive prices. It seems like the AR-15's are not moving fast anymore. Lots of Colt, LMT, S&W, RRA, etc. for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom