• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    I appreciate your comments, but I've read most of the entire thread. However, it's not 'maintained daily', and I've not yet noted, for example, a recommendation regarding AG for those who've not been able to keep up. Fortunately, I'm am familiar with that race. Some of us cannot spend our entire days on the forum but I have noticed that some folks haven't grasped the concept of the DINO movement (" why vote for Gansler, he's anti-gun?"), that there were many threads on the primaries going on simultaneously not necessarily with the same info, and there were many ongoing discussions on whom to vote and why. To me it was getting confusing and I especially was concerned about the DINO's splitting votes to the point of making them worthless, allowing the incumbents to walk back in. As I noted in my last response, 'now, not so much'.

The AG debate has been ongoing in a couple threads for some time, and Cardin has been the consensus choice for nearly 2 weeks.

Gansler has been the Gov choice out of the gate, with only a slight assessment of Mizeur's base support.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Everyone needs to remember that the work of DINOs will not be done on 6/24.

In fact, that's when it needs to get busy. We will need to identify the best candidates from those remaining, and start doing research n all of them, to be sure the remainder of the message is sent.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Everyone needs to remember that the work of DINOs will not be done on 6/24.

In fact, that's when it needs to get busy. We will need to identify the best candidates from those remaining, and start doing research n all of them, to be sure the remainder of the message is sent.

will probably delete the OP from here after the primary. Strategy needs to be reevaluated then, and having this thread may just cause confusion

Last edited:

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I'm running a training class in a location that is doing early voting today. When I pulled up there was a guy putting out Frosh signs and my immediate thought was how great those would be as target backers......

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    Thanks for the post. We will go with the 3 you picked. If you have time, can you contact them? http://electionsmaryland.com/elections/2014/primary_candidates/gen_listings_2014_1_01620.html

I heard back from Smith.

"My apologies for taking so long to get back to you - the campaign has been particularly busy these past few weeks.

Thank you for taking time to read some of my policy positions. Though I was Chair of the Victim Services Advisory Board in Montgomery County and feel strongly about tough anti-crime legislation and support tough weapons laws like the MD FSA, I'm against mandatory minimums. Check out an article I wrote on the Second Chance Act a few months ago http://www.gazette.net/article/20140108/OPINION/140109559/0/gazette&template=gazette

Thanks again!

I hope you've been well.

Best,

Will

P.S.

Remember, early voting starts today!"

Not surprising for a D20 candidate… Given the time frame, I'm thinking we might as well keep the three picks for D20 as is, even thought Smith is clearly not on our side. I really don't think any of the Dem candidates is going to be any better or much worse.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Meanwhile, I came across this in the Baltimore City Paper:

Could Mizeur Be the Brat of the Left?
    http://blogs.citypaper.com/index.php...zeur-brat-left

It would still be a hell of an upset for Mizeur to beat Brown in the Maryland Democratic primary. But her progressive agenda and energetic campaign, detailed in Van Smith’s January cover story “The Quiet Revolution,” have excited Maryland’s grassroots left like no candidate in recent memory.

Keep this in mind.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Mizeur scares me a little because no one I know is really excited about Brown. He may well win, but I almost feel a Romney esqe feeling to his running, but people are excited for her.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Meanwhile, I came across this in the Baltimore City Paper:

Could Mizeur Be the Brat of the Left?
    http://blogs.citypaper.com/index.php...zeur-brat-left

It would still be a hell of an upset for Mizeur to beat Brown in the Maryland Democratic primary. But her progressive agenda and energetic campaign, detailed in Van Smith’s January cover story “The Quiet Revolution,” have excited Maryland’s grassroots left like no candidate in recent memory.

Keep this in mind.

If it's a super-low turnout, it may make a difference. Hank's followers are said to be pretty ardent.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    I heard back from Smith.

"My apologies for taking so long to get back to you - the campaign has been particularly busy these past few weeks.

Thank you for taking time to read some of my policy positions. Though I was Chair of the Victim Services Advisory Board in Montgomery County and feel strongly about tough anti-crime legislation and support tough weapons laws like the MD FSA, I'm against mandatory minimums. Check out an article I wrote on the Second Chance Act a few months ago http://www.gazette.net/article/20140108/OPINION/140109559/0/gazette&template=gazette

Thanks again!

I hope you've been well.

Best,

Will

P.S.

Remember, early voting starts today!"

Not surprising for a D20 candidate… Given the time frame, I'm thinking we might as well keep the three picks for D20 as is, even thought Smith is clearly not on our side. I really don't think any of the Dem candidates is going to be any better or much worse.

Thans for posting up. I think 20 switches to DINO : Jawando, Shurberg and Chappell. At least those are not on record as supporting laws like FSA

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Note: House District 23B requires a vote of no more than two. Is there a preference as to who gets dropped between Vallario, Tyler and Watson?

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Note: House District 23B requires a vote of no more than two. Is there a preference as to who gets dropped between Vallario, Tyler and Watson?

I am following this thread with interest since I am a DINO. Is there a complete list of best DINO picks. I realize that this is a matter of opinion and likely endless debate. But an imperfect list would still be better than no list. I have not had time to really drill down on all of the democratic candidates.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I am following this thread with interest since I am a DINO. Is there a complete list of best DINO picks. I realize that this is a matter of opinion and likely endless debate. But an imperfect list would still be better than no list. I have not had time to really drill down on all of the democratic candidates.

This is that thread.

If you don't see your choices in the OP, speak up, and hopefully do a little research to help fill out the roster.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012

IMO, we would want a perfect scenario where Vallario and Dumais go down. But, I'm not too confident Dumais can be taken down (willing to to be proven wrong!!!), so knocking out Vallario becomes a grey area for me.

Discuss.

We need to keep Vallario, and here is why: If he goes and Dumais stays, then she will likely become chair of the House Judiciary Committee. The thinking is that she is worse than Vallario. Also, I agree on not being too confident that Dumais will loose the election.
    Lets go with Tyer over Watson. Watson got an endorsement from Braveboy, who voted "Yea" on the Firearms Safety Act. Neither Watson nor Tyer have an NRA rating. Tyer does not even seem to have a website up, or at least not one I am able to find.

See the 1st post of this thread, and let us know if you have questions.

Last edited:

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    IMO, we would want a perfect scenario where Vallario and Dumais go down. But, I'm not too confident Dumais can be taken down (willing to to be proven wrong!!!), so knocking out Vallario becomes a grey area for me.

Discuss.

I think the best we can have is Dumais coming in last of the top three and getting her timbers shivered because of it. Vallario losing would still put her in the top spot on judiciary. Vallario was the reason for a joint committee hearing and the reason we were heard out till the wee hours of the morning. I don't see a grey area.

Course, after Cantor/Brat I am beginning to think anything can happen.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I think the best we can have is Dumais coming in last of the top three and getting her timbers shivered because of it. Vallario losing would still put her in the top spot on judiciary. Vallario was the reason for a joint committee hearing and the reason we were heard out till the wee hours of the morning. I don't see a grey area.

Course, after Cantor/Brat I am beginning to think anything can happen.

Yes, I forgot to say that.

Dumais getting tossed is the higher priority. I just don't see it happening from what I've seen/heard.

So, with that, keeping Vallario is a buffer. Not ideal, but it's all we have.

At that point, changing the Gov position (and AG, really) becomes critical

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Feeling soiled and disgusted after early voting today in the Democrat primaries. Even a bit of nausea as the names popped up on the screen and had to actually touch the screen next to their names :puke2:

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Hope you noticed the very first day/page of this current post. It is maintained daily by the good man TopShelf with a list of our unified decisions on whom to vote for for each race and in each district.

THIS is what has me perplexed (i.e. worried). Apparently there's many who aren't following this thread and are still asking questions about who to vote for.......that's is why I brought my concerns up.
    There's a few of those threads--why in the Water Cooler and not in this area??

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom