• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Faralon

Dec 17, 2013
    Have yet to purchase a firearm since I've lived in MD. I currently live in Elkton, in the Fair Hill area. Can anyone recommend some local shops that are in MD and somewhat local?

Thanks!

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    Welcome! There is a thread or maybe its a sticky by now, in the Maryland 2A forum that shows all the dealers we know, how they release, etc. That's a good place to start.
    Cash and carry long guns just about anywhere, I prefer going over to Cameron's Hardware in Oxford. I'm in the Fair hill area too.
    I do like Bel Air gun and pawn right now as a handgun place.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    From Fair Hill and off the top of my head and only actual stores not individual dealers.

Reliable Auto Sales on Rt. 40 across from the Emissions Test facility (new guy on the block). New FFL limited selection has some ammo.

ACE Hardware in Rising Sun. Another new FFL has ammo but last time I was in no guns yet.

Walmarts Elkton, North East, and Oxford PA. Some long guns and ammo and accessories.

Rick's Guns and Pawn in Connawingo. Handguns and long guns, some scopes, used holsters etc.

Camerons Hardware in Oxford PA. Lots of handguns and longguns, all types of accessories, sells black powder. Usually handles handgun transfers through Ricks G&P.

The Bank Pawn in Havre de Grace. Some handguns and long guns.

X-Ring Supply in Newark DE, across from Lowes. All types of guns, standard capacity Mags, reloading supplies, ammo, targets, accessories etc. and no sales Tax (don't feed OweMalley).

Millers Guns in New Castle DE. Lots of shotguns has a reputation of being a little cool to new customers.

Village Arms in Gap PA. Friendly store Long guns and hand guns ammo and reloading supplies, gunsmith.

Dicks Sporting Goods Christiana Mall DE. Has clothes and some gun stuff.

Molly's down below the canal. You need to visit to understand it.

Targetmaster in Chadds Ford PA. Gun store with range sells guns and rents guns for use on their range including full auto. Gives a chance to try out various models before buying, particularly various handguns to see what feels best.

Last edited:

Faralon

Dec 17, 2013
    Thanks for the referrals all. Perhaps you can do me one better and advise me on if you've seen one of them carrying some KelTec PF9's?

Faralon

Dec 17, 2013
    Foxtrapper...I have seen a fox on one of the farms I work at yes...but it was a scraggly lookin specimen.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    bowmans is a small shop at a mans home. he does gunsmithing and sells and does transfers. hell of a nice guy. camerons is where a usually go because the prices on firearms are what they SHOULD be. not what the gun shop owner wants them to be.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Thanks for the referrals all. Perhaps you can do me one better and advise me on if you've seen one of them carrying some KelTec PF9's?

Not on my wish list so I wouldn't notice. However most gun stores or independent FFL's will order whatever you want that is legal if you put the money up front. Just check the MD handgun roster to make sure it is legal in MD. You will need a HQL before you can purchase and since you haven't purchased a firearm I assume you don't currently own a MD regulated firearm so unless you fall into one of the other exempt categories you will have to complete the training requirement (look for a class) in addition to getting Live Scan Fingerprints (no place close to Fair Hill) and a background check. Lots of hoops to jump through and expense before you can think about buying.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I tried going into the Bank here in HDG twice and had that lady in there be gruff and rude to me both times, so no thanks. The 2nd time was to give the place a 2nd chance, well they failed. I like Debra at Estate Brokers, she is always nice every time I see her. One time I saw her when I was going to the farmers market and she waved to me from across the street. I haven't even bought anything from her either. Her hours are spotty though.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    I tried going into the Bank here in HDG twice and had that lady in there be gruff and rude to me both times, so no thanks. The 2nd time was to give the place a 2nd chance, well they failed. I like Debra at Estate Brokers, she is always nice every time I see her. One time I saw her when I was going to the farmers market and she waved to me from across the street. I haven't even bought anything from her either. Her hours are spotty though.

I have dealt with Debra several times always treated me great and more than willing to look for anything for me. Sometimes she is hard to get in touch with so I just take the trip into the shop and it gives a reason to browse around:thumbsup:.

Apr 27, 2010
    I am the one of the owners of the Bank Gun and Pawn and Foxtrapper I don't know who you are but I don't like it being said that we are gruff to our customers. That is not how we operate. I am an IP on here and have had a lot of great reviews. I would like to talk to you personally so please drop in and introduce yourself. I work Mon-Thurs and some Saturdays. Thanks.

Diane

SmokeEETR

MSI Executive Member
    Jan 24, 2013
    Harford County
    I've grown very fond of Maryland Quartermaster on Main St. in Bel air. Husband and wife team, former LE and current Harford County Councilman. Very pro 2A and very vocal about it. They are not a "gun shop" as most of us know all too well. They sell a lot of other merchandise as well but very knowledgeable and can obtain just about anything you want. Class III dealer for NFA merchandise as well. They have lots of LE contracts and you can get favorable pricing for those models as well. All around great experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom