• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I'd think they are "reasonably" accurate (though I agree the timeliness might be questionable).

After all, they were trying to justify the use of outside resources to do all this work (never mind the inconvenient fact that they had committed to it months ago).

It's a game to them, and there's an end state they're after... I just wish I knew what it is.

It was a game. As Patrick has speculated they just got a clue from competent council. They were told what many of us already know about civil rights law..

And now the panic..

If we commit to getting hqls and keep the pressure on....

Well let's just do it... we can speculate more in private.....

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    It was a game. As Patrick has speculated they just got a clue from competent council. They were told what many of us already know about civil rights law..

And now the panic..

If we commit to getting hqls and keep the pressure on....

Well let's just do it... we can speculate more in private.....

I'm up for putting in for a HQL!

How do we do that again??

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I think I will write the MSP a snail mail letter requesting the forms and instructions for applying for my HQL so I can purchase a handgun on October 1st. I'll send it Certified mail just so someone has to sign for it and I will get a receipt showing they received my request.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Yep, MSP is "caught up" on the backlog, jus' need about 44,000 to do yet. Backlog??? What backlog are you making reference???

Jus' like I posted earlier in this thread, "my foreskin got caught up in my zipper"................:rolleyes:

ReticulateLemur

Oct 29, 2012
    Please, they're not remotely caught up (as we all know).

I went to 2A this weekend to pick up a lower that I bought back on July 1st (just never got around to picking it up) and I was told that they haven't gotten back July's paperwork yet. MSP are at least 3 months behind. Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow...

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    New numbers posted:

Still working on 5/31 and 5/30 applications. Backlog has increased 4,971 to a total of 52,988 open apps.

Almost caught up!

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Didn't our dear leader promise that they'd be caught up on the backlog by 10/1???
    53K+ in one night? I think they need to capture Santa Claus at this point to get this done.

Last edited:

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    38K to 53K in 2 weeks...

That means they're clearing next to none.

And to be doing this in the face of all the pro-2A folks are tossing at them? It has to be complete and total in-your-face defiance

Yeah, but now they will use the extra state workers fiasco to claim they tried to do SOMETHING, but those nasty gun owners wouldn't let them do it.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Processing Applications By The Numbers

Updated 9/30/2013 Added the numbers from the MSP website dated 9/24

On 9/13 it was 94,127 Total Applications
    On 9/20 it was 102,001 Total Apps, increase in total of 7,874 in seven days or 1,125 apps per day
    On 9/24 it was 106,972 Total Apps, increase in total of 4,971 in 4 days or 1,243 apps per day

On 9/13 the total processed was 50,653
    On 9/20 the total processed was 52,256
    In seven days they processed 1,603 applications at a rate of 229 per day (got a lot faster after exposing all our private information NOT)
    On 9/24 the total processed was 53,984
    In four days they processed 1,728 applications at a rate of 432 per day (big improvement after they read this thread and someone did the math for them)

On 9/13 the backlog was 43,474
    On 9/20 the backlog was 49,754
    In seven days the backlog grew by 6,280 applications or 897 more per day.
    On 9/24 the backlog was 52,988
    In four days the backlog grew by 3,234 applications or 809 more per day.

If no more applications were received after 9/20 it would take 217 days to process the existing backlog at the rate they were working last week.

If no more applications were received after 9/24 it would take 123 days to process the existing backlog at the rate they were working last week.

Wow they have cut the backlog of seven day wait for approvals to a mere 4 Months. Of course if the date is wrong and it was seven days instead of four......

After processing 50,000 applications thru 16 databases they found about 30 or 45 guns that had slipped through and they had to get. One wonders how many of those were caught when they were checking the NICS database?

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I am sure that a vast majority of the applications are for multiple purchases over that time period. Why don't they check to see if that person is in the backlog and clear the backlog quicker?

Oh yeah, its the governement they don't believe in efficiency. :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom