• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Wow... glad to see you guys get passionate about something. Anyone use artillery? C4? VX? Wait... don't answer that. :D

I'll tell you something I saw work which was a guy that had a liquid manure system and a truck that sprayed the liquid manure on his fields. The stuff stank to high heaven but it made the alfalfa grow like mad.

Anyway, he would take that truck out on the field an shove the hose from the manure truck into the G-Hog hole and cut loose with liquid manure.

Minutes after he would do that they would come tearing out of the hole, rolling on the ground, snorting, trying to get that S**T off them.

It was extremely funny.

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I'll tell you something I saw work which was a guy that had a liquid manure system and a truck that sprayed the liquid manure on his fields. The stuff stank to high heaven but it made the alfalfa grow like mad.

Anyway, he would take that truck out on the field an shove the hose from the manure truck into the G-Hog hole and cut loose with liquid manure.

Minutes after he would do that they would come tearing out of the hole, rolling on the ground, snorting, trying to get that S**T off them.

It was extremely funny.

That is hilarious! I would have liked to have seen that.

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    One of my hopes for this build was for it to become a groundhog exterminator. Now I just need to do some ammo testing, get the scope sighted in, and find a farmer with a groundhog problem. I wish they would let some people loose with their varmint rigs at Ruggles Golf Course, the little bastards are everywhere over there.

sorry for the bad cell phone pic

20130715_210533.jpg

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    One of my hopes for this build was for it to become a groundhog exterminator. Now I just need to do some ammo testing, get the scope sighted in, and find a farmer with a groundhog problem. I wish they would let some people loose with their varmint rigs at Ruggles Golf Course, the little bastards are everywhere over there.

20130715_210533.jpg

That's a nice rig and a nice Atlas bipod you have there. Those bipods are my favorites.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    OK you made me do this...here's my groundhog "annoyer":
    Browning 22-250 heavy barrel 9 lug Weatherby action.
    6.5-20 Leupold scope.
    The stands are very old Forster field tripods that I stick in my belt and set up however I need them.

Attachments

• IMG_3339.jpg
      IMG_3339.jpg
      39.8 KB · Views: 128
    • IMG_3337.jpg
      IMG_3337.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 126

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    Old school. I use a Winchester 1892 in 25-20 caliber that I inherited from my grandfather.

This. 25-20 is an EXCELLENT varmint round. Not overpowering and not incredibly long ranged. Very good for vermin up to Coyote size. I would say that for practical purposes a .17HMR would probably work too.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter

20130715_210533.jpg

Even NICER!

lumbermut

May 2, 2013
    Timonium, MD
    This. 25-20 is an EXCELLENT varmint round. Not overpowering and not incredibly long ranged. Very good for vermin up to Coyote size. I would say that for practical purposes a .17HMR would probably work too.

I usually shoot between 25 to 40 yards with iron sights. After I set-up, I give a little whistle and the critters stand up and give a great target.

hogrider

Jan 23, 2013
    if you'all can't take out that lil ol vermit with a 177 pellet gun...

you really need to rethink your survival skills

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom