• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I keep reading MSP is closed. I just called and got someone who confirmed they are working. I was calling for my DC application and was told they are working on 4/11 getting close my application is 4/12. Called the general number and was transfered.

Good! Wasn't sure if the Service Reduction Day applied.... I couldn't get anyone at 9:30 am, but this is good news.

Sorry if I spread misinformation. :(

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    Sure, I called MSP and asked about releasing after 7 days. I was told not to release without a NICS number. I wish I was told the opposite, I can't imagine there is an FFL in the state that is happy about the storage situation.

-bbestpawn

Are you able to get a NICS number by running it as a long gun as previously mentioned? Call the FBI NICS and say HEY, give me a number MSP is 80 days late.

I know this all sounds stupid but id just like to know whats being done. Because to me its seems like everyone is sitting around with their thumb up their ass like the MSP. The member of the lawsuit seem to be the only ones making action.

raff696

Nov 1, 2008
    Here is my current list of Dealers releasing without MSP paperwork. This is all hearsay from this forum site and may not be 100% factual. My list continues to grow as a see more pople posting their findings.:

Engage Armament in Rockville: If you have a previous "ND" with them
    Shooters Discount in Mt Airy: Designated Collector letter,Current LEO, Receive PROCEED from FBI NICS, Maryland carry permit.
    On Target in Severn: If you sign a waiver
    Fred's in Waldorf: If you have a history of "ND"purchases from them
    A1Uniform:"We may, and put MAY in huge capital letters, start letting customers with multiple transfers in stock start having all their firearms that have been here longer than 7 days as soon as the first "ND".."

White Marsh Arms claimed to now know about other dealers releasing on the 8th day and they even said they will not release on the 8th day until the paper work comes back! they even said to go to On Target... wow way to walk business right out of your shop!

Lushbaugh

Mar 23, 2013
    I wonder if they are on a short staff. Or only a small section is open but a male officer answered my question and said they where working today.

Bang1964

May 3, 2013
    Ellicott City
    Sure, I called MSP and asked about releasing after 7 days. I was told not to release without a NICS number. I wish I was told the opposite, I can't imagine there is an FFL in the state that is happy about the storage situation.

-bbestpawn

Shooters Discount is releasing to DC with a long gun NICS check, Is this something you have considered? I have read a email stating MSP does not force dealers to hold past 7 days, so you are telling me they are lieing to a senator of MD.

mdram

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2011
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    Are you able to get a NICS number by running it as a long gun as previously mentioned? Call the FBI NICS and say HEY, give me a number MSP is 80 days late.

I know this all sounds stupid but id just like to know whats being done. Because to me its seems like everyone is sitting around with their thumb up their ass like the MSP. The member of the lawsuit seem to be the only ones making action.

i beleive they need to do all the paperwork for the long gun to get the number
    you gonna buy that long gun?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013

The dealer would have to check a different box on the form to run a handgun as opposed to a long gun (was talking thru the form yesterday with a FFL). Misrepresentation in any fashion on the forms is a NO-NO.

Bang1964

May 3, 2013
    Ellicott City

-bbestpawn

From: Thomas Williams -State Police- [mailto:thomas.williams@maryland.gov]
    Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:58 PM
    To: Middleton, Thomas Senator
    Subject: Re: FW: Message

MSP is not forcing and by law cannot force a firearms dealer to hold a regulated firearm after the 7 day waiting period unless the applicant to purchase has something on their record which may cause a problem. MSP has been notified by the Firearm Dealers Association of a pending law suit regarding the 7 day issue. Dealers may release a firearm after the 8th day if they have not heard from MSP and they are aware of any risks associated with the release.

Unfortunately the constituent has a valid point as MSP is taking over 60 days to process the transactions.
    Tom

Tom Williams
    Director, Planning and Research Division
    Acting Director, Inspection & Compliance Division
    Maryland State Police
    HQ 410-653-4254
    Cell 410-365-9283
    Annapolis 410-260-6101

mdram

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2011
    From: Thomas Williams -State Police- [mailto:thomas.williams@maryland.gov]
    Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:58 PM
    To: Middleton, Thomas Senator
    Subject: Re: FW: Message

MSP is not forcing and by law cannot force a firearms dealer to hold a regulated firearm after the 7 day waiting period unless the applicant to purchase has something on their record which may cause a problem. MSP has been notified by the Firearm Dealers Association of a pending law suit regarding the 7 day issue. Dealers may release a firearm after the 8th day if they have not heard from MSP and they are aware of any risks associated with the release.Unfortunately the constituent has a valid point as MSP is taking over 60 days to process the transactions.
    Tom

Tom Williams
    Director, Planning and Research Division
    Acting Director, Inspection & Compliance Division
    Maryland State Police
    HQ 410-653-4254
    Cell 410-365-9283
    Annapolis 410-260-6101

that is the catch

Bang1964

May 3, 2013
    Ellicott City
    Sure there are risks, Where does the responsabilty lie? MSP for not doing the background check on time or not letting Dealers do a baic NICS check. They clearly said MSP will go after the gun if it gets denied. I can tell you they are doing the paperwork on the dealers that are releasing faster than the ones that do not.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Without them bold 11 words, we all would have our guns today!!!

What specific risks are they referring to?

The Brady Law says it's OK the MD law says it's OK.

As long as they are aware of the risks associated with naming their organization as such. (the first amendment of the COTUS says it's OK)
    As long as they are aware of the risks associated with the content of their prayers. (the first amendment of the COTUS says it's OK)
    As long as they are aware of the risks associated with protesting certain organizations. (the first amendment of the COTUS says it's OK)
    As long as they are aware of the risks associated with printing the truth. (the first amendment of the COTUS says it's OK)

The force is strong with the tyrannical government these days.

mdram

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2011
    Sure there are risks, Where does the responsabilty lie? MSP for not doing the background check on time or not letting Dealers do a baic NICS check. They clearly said MSP will go after the gun if it gets denied. I can tell you they are doing the paperwork on the dealers that are releasing faster than the ones that do not.

if maryland provided nics with all the data they are supposed to then searching 17 databases wouldnet be required, just a nics check

Bang1964

May 3, 2013
    Ellicott City
    if maryland provided nics with all the data they are supposed to then searching 17 databases wouldnet be required, just a nics check

All i can tell you is Shooters Discount calls it in and tell them its classification is other and gets a NICS and release the gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom