• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    Still several steps to go before any of this changes how anything works

Keep the pressure on, and press the Constitutionality of ANY fee/license for exercise of a Right.

Sure, some of these amendments we COULD live with, if we HAD to... But, by and large, it's still a huge overreach, and a bad bill.

IMO, there is no way to effectively "fix" the bill.

You know what, this endless cycle of defending my born rights has put me in a fowl mood. I will NOT live with any of the shit in this bill, NONE. The only thing it will be good for is crunching it into a ball and ramming it up Frosh's ass. The only emails I send are pre written and not because I'm lazy, but because I'm mad, and my mouth will get me in trouble. No, I say not one inch of room, none. 2A is clear and it should be defended that way.

WiseOldMan53

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 5, 2013
    Frederick MD
    Sent to all Maryland General Assembly Members via The AGC Legislative Email System.

Subject: SB281 and JPR

Dear {title} {last name},

I listened live last night while the JPR Committee debated and marked up SB281. I also followed along on a Pro-Freedom web forum as other right-thinking members listened and commented on the proceedings.

The lack of enthusiasm and knowledge displayed by our [alleged] supporters on JPR was, to be frank, appalling. The lackadaisical attitude of the whole process in general was sickening. It makes one think that the yays and nays, as well as the amendments, were decided long before the meeting even started.

The reductions of fees, the reduction of training hours and the expiration time of 'my gun license' sounded like nothing more than used car dealer tactics - the equivalent of a store marking up prices just before a sale.

Once upon a time I was coming home from the bakery and got jumped. The bad guy and I rolled around on the ground, in a tug-of-war, fighting for my loaf of bread. When the loaf broke, the bad guy ran off with half of my bread... and I claimed victory.

Take note: As I write this, the new gun owner report cards are being MARKED UP ON YOU. They will be only two grades; an A or an F. No more in between. No compromise, no horse trading and no more half loaves of bread.

"Ferguson Is Toast"
    "Taylor Is Toast"
    "........... Is Toast"

Yours most sincerely,
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Boomer73

Jan 22, 2013
    Guys I basically lurk on this board and don't post but I was at the Senate hearing on Feb 6, and have been a hunter and casual target shooter since I was 14 and a law abiding gun owner my entire adult life (I'm 40).

It seems to me that the real problem we face is that the opposition is constantly, consistently, and tirelessly pushing forward their agenda. They are aggressive and they "reach for the stars" with their legislation knowing that they won't get everything they want but that they will get more of what they want the more aggressive they are. Our side is losing these battles because our response to this assault is essentially a defensive/holding action. Its pretty much doomed from the outset.

Where has there ever been an equally aggressive assault on these liberal, anti-Constitution ideas from our side? What legislation are we putting forward to make pre-emptive strikes on bills like SB281 and people like Frosh, Raskin, Muse and others? What aggressive action are we taking to shore up our rights? As far as I know, none. We are just waiting for them to attack and then trying to mount a defense. It's been a long, long time since we had the initiative.

I think overwhelming them with law suits and legislation would be aggressive. I think 10,000 men with black rifles appearing in Annapolis one day would also be aggressive. But if we just sit back and wait to repel the boarders, well one day, sooner or later, we're just going to get boarded. Maybe that day has already arrived.

circadia

Jan 19, 2013
    Arbutus
    :thumbsup: Second Amendment, 1791
    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

:tdown: Second Amendment, 2013?
    A poorly prepared militia being innocuous to the power of a coercive government, the privilege of the people to keep and bear arms shall be determined.

90gsx

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2011
    Parkville
    I think 10,000 men with black rifles appearing in Annapolis one day would also be aggressive

I hope things don't get to that point but I think there is a possibility it could happen.

What would they do in that situation? They cant just start shooting at us and if they try to arrest us or take our weapons away they know what will happen to them.

Oriolesfan93p

Jan 5, 2013
    Richardson, TX
    I hope things don't get to that point but I think there is a possibility it could happen.

What would they do in that situation? They cant just start shooting at us and if they try to arrest us or take our weapons away they know what will happen to them.

the claim would be that having the rifles there constituted a threat and that the protest would no longer be considered peaceful and not covered under 1A.

Not saying they would be right but that would be the angle they used to begin to arrest people, and after the guns get pulled on the officers we end up with a shot heard round the world scenario. Makes us look really bad and would likely be something that pushes a national AWB through congress

Tommy Boy

Jan 24, 2013
    Dowell, MD
    Just wanted to pass along an email I just received from one of our Senators that I emailed earlier today. It was very much appreciated. I simply sent them all a heart Felt, personal email on my thoughts.

Tom - I come from a family of hunters and gun owners and am proud to be a part of a community where safe and responsible gun ownership is a fact of everyday life. In the face of senseless violence, I believe that we can best protect our communities by continuing to focus on supporting existing programs and improving our methods for identifying and treating mental illnesses. Instead of creating new laws that restrict our 2nd Amendment rights, we must enforce the laws currently on our books. I have long been a supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights and will be voting against Senate Bill 281 should it or any similar bills come before me on the Senate floor.
    Your effort in taking time to tell me of your thoughts is greatly appreciated. Please continue to keep in touch.
    Thank you.
    -Jim

Senator James N. Mathias, Jr.
    Senate of Maryland, 401 Miller Office Building
    District 38 - Somerset, Wicomico & Worcester Counties
    800 492 7122 x-3645# 410 841 3645 (F) 410 841 3006

90gsx

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2011
    Parkville
    uh, no.

That won't happen.

Well something needs to happen. We cannot allow elected officials to ignore the voice of the people and trample the constitution.

Did you hear them laughing last night when the one guy said g&s is unconstitutional. They think our rights are a joke

Boomer73

Jan 22, 2013

I ABSOLUTELY hope things don't get to that point too, but they have historically, so you have to not look at it, I think, like its some dark fantasy but a serious possibility AFTER you've availed yourself of all other means.

Just as it is either absurd or droll to start talking armed insurrection when some piece of legislation passes that you don't like (and FSA 2013 hasn't passed yet), its equally droll or absurd to talk as if physical action is so repugnant as to be out of the question when your elected representatives use their position and the legislative process to make a mockery of and flagrantly violate your Constitutional rights.

In the particular situation introduced above, you would certainly have an historical event that would make national news, one that would be potentially very volatile (but lets face it, what are you going to do about 10K armed people in the state capital?), but that would certainly take the national debate strongly in one direction or the other. Let's hope more incremental and less drastic measures prevail.

Boomer73

Jan 22, 2013
    I'll watch and listen from here, have at it....;)

That is why I suspect that we will eventually lose our rights because after all is said and done, when it really comes down to risking life and limb, career and freedom, to retain a right or liberty, despite all the talk we are nothing like the founding fathers. When push comes to shove, most people just back down. Your government overseers know this. And your response kind of reinforces their point - the great masses of the citizenry would rather be safe than free. That's why they keep promising us safety in exchange for our rights and their agenda keeps moving forward and they keep getting re-elected.

sfchoffman

Full Battle Rattle
    Feb 18, 2013
    They did it in Indiana earlier this month...Watch it on youtube
    10,000 Armed citizens making a stand might wake them up.....Thats what the 2nd is for, not hunting, not target practice , not varmit shooting. It's defending you country against enemies domestic and foreign...Pretty simple

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I think overwhelming them with law suits and legislation would be aggressive. I think 10,000 men with black rifles appearing in Annapolis one day would also be aggressive. But if we just sit back and wait to repel the boarders, well one day, sooner or later, we're just going to get boarded. Maybe that day has already arrived.

This would be counter-productive. It would be a great Youtube moment, but it would turn the majority of the State against us. We are only at the point of the soap box. This is just the beginning, and this tactic should not be in our play book.

Soap box, ballot box, jury box, ammo box.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom