• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    The downside, if they are going to use the narrower G36/G37 slides eventualy on all their 45acp pistols, they may be fazing out the 10mm that needs the full width slide. One of the cool things about the G30 is that it started as a 10mm, then was converted to 45ACP, and is one of the strongest out there, with a nice comfortable slide velocity. There are a lot of people running thousands of rounds of hot +p and even 45 super through G21s and G30s with heavier recoil springs and a steel guide rod as the only mods. I carry my gen3 30SF daily, and feed it a diet of heavy +p ammo, and it is one of the softest shooting 45s I own. She is a chunky beast, and a narrower slide will cut weight and make it carry better, and is more than enough for low pressure 45ACP and even +p, but for a 1/8" and 4oz penalty, I'll keep my chunky little 45cal tank.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I can't say that I understand the hooplah, but I agree with alucard about the 30SF.

OH IT'S KINO

Southerner
    Feb 16, 2011
    Ameritopia
    Is it really the 36 slide on the 30 frame? The measurements on the Glock website don't seem to indicate that. It states that the G36 width is 1.10 inches, but that the G30S has a width of 1.27 inches, which is the same as the G30SF and G30. What am I missing? The graphic shows that it's the slide width that is measured, but it must be the width of the widest part of the firearm that they're measuring.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I can't say that I understand the hooplah, but I agree with alucard about the 30SF.

I would expect nothing less from a fanboy of Ruger and their overbuilt revolvers.:D Glock has a simple formula, they really only make a few base parts, slides in 2 widths 1" and 1.125", then in the 5 or so lengths. Frames are similarly made in 4 or 5 lengths and actually 3 widths 1.1" for the G36 only, 1.2" for 9/357/40/45gap, and 1.3" for 10/45acp measured across the widest part of the grips. This new setup is hardly groundbreaking, the frame is still 1.3" wide, but the slide is the 1/8" narrower width and "compact" G19/G23 length, specifically it is the G36 slide. They can't or really shouldn't shrink the frame to G38/45GAP specs, it is too narrow, and costs a few rounds capacity, they really did about all they could to shrink the G30 without losing much performance. Thing is a slightly thinner G30 is low hanging fruit few asked for, most want a sub 1" single stack sub compact platform to go toe to toe with Shields and XDs pistols that dealers can't keep in stock

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Does anyone know what holsters are available yet? I just emailed Comp-Tac to ask if they have the 30S kydex available for the Minotaur yet, or if it will fit with another shell.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Nothing else will compare to a minotaur though...

Right and I'd rather just get an extra shell over an entirely new holster. EDIT TO ADD: Did some quick reading on GlockTalk, a lot of people find G19 holsters work pretty well. Considering the Minotaur is half leather, it should really work fine as long as the trigger guard fits the kydex I have. :D

Planning on picking up a 30S once I get my VA CCW. :)

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom