• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    2 pieces of 3/4" plywood, bottom sheet is C/DX top sheet is B/C. Only reason I used plywood is because I couldn't find a solid core wood door.

PS I provided the bench design plans sans pegboard in the Water cooler as my close to 1200 post karma

Is that plexi glass on the top?

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Is that plexi glass on the top?

Yes, I put plexiglass on top to minimize any chemicals spilling and soaking into the wood. I also but aluminum angle angle around the the edges to hold down the plexiglass and to also act as a barrier for small items like detentes, roll pins, and springs do not roll off the bench

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    For my benchtop, i used tempered hard-board, i.e. Masonite, tacked down with small brads. It's got a nice smooth hard surface and it can be replaced easily when it gets too torn up.

Joe

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    2 pieces of 3/4" plywood, bottom sheet is C/DX top sheet is B/C. Only reason I used plywood is because I couldn't find a solid core wood door.

PS I provided the bench design plans sans pegboard in the Water cooler as my close to 1200 post karma

This is exactly what I have been looking for! Thanks, I think I might build 2-3 or more of them :D

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Here it is totally complete with the 3 planned drawers and an extra. My wife's grandfather made the drawers and thought I need 4.

Attachments

• IMG_0202.jpg
      IMG_0202.jpg
      106.5 KB · Views: 1,068
    • IMG_0203.jpg
      IMG_0203.jpg
      107.4 KB · Views: 1,101
    • IMG_0204.jpg
      IMG_0204.jpg
      118 KB · Views: 1,081
    • IMG_0205.jpg
      IMG_0205.jpg
      107.4 KB · Views: 1,094
    • IMG_0206.jpg
      IMG_0206.jpg
      106.2 KB · Views: 1,070
    • IMG_0207.jpg
      IMG_0207.jpg
      69 KB · Views: 1,074
    • IMG_0208.jpg
      IMG_0208.jpg
      90.2 KB · Views: 1,049

Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    Nice benches!

I'd have to clean mine to take a picture. Considering I'm in the middle of converting my Saiga 12, I better leave it alone so I can find everything. :o

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    A buddy and I built this table a few years ago out of stainless for my dads garage,when he moved,he gave it to me? Still working on my lighting. I got some T12 fixtures that will go good. Relocated it from my attached basement garage to here.

IMG00141-20121006-2202.jpg

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    It is small but it does the job until I finish the basement. After that All bets are off. Dillon RL550B and the usual accessories. The bucket to the right of the bench is about half full of .308 brass as of the time the picture was taken. Oh and I finally got one of those Flickr thingies just for this. :lol2:

8101614412_8f7e1dbb2b.jpg

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    A buddy and I built this table a few years ago out of stainless for my dads garage,when he moved,he gave it to me? Still working on my lighting. I got some T12 fixtures that will go good. Relocated it from my attached basement garage to here.

IMG00141-20121006-2202.jpg

Franklin that may be the best photo accessory that I have seen on this board. You made the impossible happen as my kids would say, I actually smiled when I saw it.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    Here's a horrible cell phone pic from this morning before I got out the door to work. I just built the bench last night and mounted the press on it. I've churned out approximately 25 rounds working the kinks out of the operator, and now I think it's ready to start putting out some real ammo.

Attachments

• IMG_0579_resized.jpg
      IMG_0579_resized.jpg
      73.5 KB · Views: 893

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    New Bench

Nice bench, appears to be very sturdy.
    I will be interested to hear about your experiences with the Pro 1000.
    I have just recently acquired one in .45 ACP and after a run of 13% squibs have fallen back to priming off the press.
    DocAitch

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    I've learned that winchester white box .40S&W brass needs to be chamfered to feed the bullet properly, and I have to absolutely positively make sure the primer goes in all the way (again, probably a case prep issue) or it won't eject properly.

On 9mm it's perfect and I couldn't be happier.

I'll be testing the loads sometime next week, probably wednesday-ish. Hope I keep all my fingers.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I've learned that winchester white box .40S&W brass needs to be chamfered to feed the bullet properly, and I have to absolutely positively make sure the primer goes in all the way (again, probably a case prep issue) or it won't eject properly.

On 9mm it's perfect and I couldn't be happier.

I'll be testing the loads sometime next week, probably wednesday-ish. Hope I keep all my fingers.

I don't know how the 40 S&W Winchester White Box ammo is, but, I will never buy it in .38 Special again. That is the dirtiest garbage I have ever shot. That's all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom