Bullet Casting Section In the Topics Of Interest ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I know we have a Reloading section, but, would it be possible to add a Bullet Casting section ?

The casting topics get lost in the Reloading, and other specific forums, like The Arsenal. Casting is a whole different process and I think it would be grand to have a dedicated Casting section where all of these topics could be posted collectively.

I find myself losing threads and replies when I post replies related to casting simply because the Casting topics are so widespread on the MDS site I have to bookmark pages so I can find them again.

Thank you for your time and considerations. It is much appreciated.

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    OR. Retitle and repurpose the Reloading section into Reloading AND Casting, call it somthing like * Ammo Crafting * .

Not really ( at this time ) enough volume for a seperate section , and they are linked , in at least one direction. But a new title , and some occasional moving of threads by Mods could help keep together.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    OR. Retitle and repurpose the Reloading section into Reloading AND Casting, call it somthing like * Ammo Crafting * .

Not really ( at this time ) enough volume for a seperate section , and they are linked , in at least one direction. But a new title , and some occasional moving of threads by Mods could help keep together.

Yeah that's the problem. "Bullet Casting" is spread out over 7-8 different sections when it doesn't have to be. It's a complete mess right now.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    We're trying to bring this subject up again and make an effort to get a new Casting section added to the MDS forum. Reloading has become a big topic these past many months and Casting bullets for reloads is an integral part of the reloading process, but, at the same time it is a major entity unto itself. The main concern is that bullet casting topics get lost in the mix of the reloading section and guys tend to be asking the same question repeatedly about casting issues that do not relate specifically to reloading.

The one item that this forum needs is a dedicated Bullet Casting section. It will increase traffic and revenue here. I will open the art of casting bullets to guys who reload but still buy commercial bullets. and there are many other examples of why a dedicated Bullet Casting section could benefit, what is supposed to be a "Shooters" forum.

Take in to account of how many times the Cast Boolits forum gets mentioned here and how many of our reloading and bullet casting members go to that forum, when could keep the topics right here at home.

I bring this old thread back again because over the past several months I keep receiving PM's from various MDS members wanting to know if I have ever heard anything from the Admins or Mods about introducing a new Bullet Casting section.

MDS is somewhat of a "rifle Shooters" dedicated forum, but, when offering subjects of Reloading as part of the daily conversation I find it had been failed to see that Bullet Casting is a major part of reloading, but, the casting department is also a specific subject unto itself and needs to be addressed by introducing a new dedicated Bullet Casting section to this fine forum.

All who vote for a new section say, "Hear Me" with your replies and feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom