• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    There's a zoning meeting this Tuesday at 9am (will try to find out where tomorrow) regarding building a new Sheetz at Rt 140 and Sullivan Rd (across from Roy Rogers).

That intersection is already a cluster fvck, and this will be horrible.

I plan to be there to gainsay this bullhonkery.

Of course they plan to take people's property by eminent domain.

14853.png

14855.jpg

Edwonbass

Jan 28, 2021
    Union Mills, MD
    Between all those new houses on Sullivan and a new Sheetz, that area is going to suck. Widening the road can only help so much. I agree with eruby, cluster ef indeed.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    It's nearly a guarantee that it will be built regardless of how many people protest. Ask people from Towson about their ROFO..

At least Sheetz is a decent C store..compared to Royal farms they are a much better, cleaner and more efficient operation..
    Royal Farms started off having freshly fried and tasty cheap fried chicken, now it’s doubled in price and hours old.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    It's nearly a guarantee that it will be built regardless of how many people protest. Ask people from Towson about their ROFO..

At least Sheetz is a decent C store..compared to Royal farms they are a much better, cleaner and more efficient operation..
    The County did sell that to a developer. I believe there was also a land swap involved. (Super shady). But the neighborhood beat back the ROFO.

It was still developed but no where near the traffic there would have been.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    One of the worst decisions from the Supreme Court was the Kelo decision which said it was ok for the local government to use eminent domain to take property for a private entity to profit from. This sounds like the justification if eminent domain is attempted here.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Royal Farms started off having freshly fried and tasty cheap fried chicken, now it’s doubled in price and hours old.

SADLY this is true.
    At $12 or under for 10 pcs of chicken, I was in any day, any hour.

At $20, they can pound sand. Same with anywhere else that is selling burgers, chicken sandwiches etc for 2x what I used to get a whole value meal for.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable

Once in a while I stop at a RoFa for gas and to take a piss . The minute to walk through the store is enough to come out smelling like a deep fryer. Tells me their oil doesn't get changed enough if the whole place has that pungent smell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom