• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i always check ammoseek.com before ordering ammo (always in case quantities). i don't recall seeing CTD anywhere near the cheapest, at least for 9mm and .223.

Michael S

Nov 6, 2012
    Towson
    I look just for fun today on CTD to see what 9mm price was It came up as an invalid. I wanted to see how high they when up but apparently it doesn't exist any more.

Hansum

Feb 14, 2019
    Where can you buy ammo currently that isn't twice the normal price?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    *****Here's a dick move: I had several 1000 rounds of 9mm ball ammo, 115gr that I started selling to folks who said they *needed* the ammo. I moved up to 124gr for my competition guns and could have just used the 115gr for plinking or whatever. I tend to buy a lot at a time when prices are ok, which they have been until recently - especially target ball ammo, nothing special, but better than trying to throw your gun at an assailant, or worse - especially at Superman who is bulletproof but just ducks to avoid being hit by an empty pistol...

So, I see the ammo I sold at the cheap price I paid for it being sold by the guy I sold it to, who said he *needed* the ammo for protection, blah blah. He sold it for more than triple what I paid for it. Yea, it's his ammo now, and maybe he needs the money, but it kinda rubbed me the wrong way. No, it's nobody on this board, and no I'm not selling any more of my ammo.

Anyway, just my own experience with someone basically taking advantage of someone trying to do them a favor.

I guess I did them a favor.. Hope they *never* need another one from me... :sad20:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Plenty of other honest retailers are increasing prices due to demand and price increases from suppliers. That I have no problem with.

What Cheaper than Dirt is pure gouging, plain and simple. There is no way a case of white box .223 is now worth $800 when Target Sports is selling it for $350.

It’s worth whatever people are willing to pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Back in 2012, I had a bunch of ammo on my Christmas list my wife requires each year. I just circled a bunch of stuff in their catalog, and she'd order some of it. Well, just BEFORE the Sandy Hook shooting, my wife had ordered some ammo for me. A spam can of 7.62x39 and other boxes. The spam can was listed in stock. If I recall one of the other boxes wasn't. A day or so later Sandy Hook happened. The spam can status went to back order. Come February, my wife got either a call, or email (can't remember) from CTD stating my ammo was in but there was a problem with my credit card going thru. They were generous enough to hold the ammo for us, but they'd have to re-enter it as a new order, and at 4x the price. So, I took my credit card to the nearest gas pump to test. Worked fine. Then I called Discover, and they said there were no attempts from CTD to charge the card. My wife got back on the phone with them, and ripped them for a while. I got the ammo, but vowed to never to do business with them again.

I remember the 99.99 Pmags. I remember when Obama was trying to ban M855 greentip ammo, and CTD upped the price, and actively updated the description to advertise it as armor penetrating ammo. They take shadiness to new depths

Daveyboysmith

There's a search box?!?!
    Aug 10, 2011
    Ellicott city
    Most people here will say JoeBob is GTG.... He's been there for MDS guys in the past. Did a group buy on BCG's for people in Md when we couldnt find any from panic buying back in 12-13' . Dont believe everything you read.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    *****Here's a dick move: I had several 1000 rounds of 9mm ball ammo, 115gr that I started selling to folks who said they *needed* the ammo. I moved up to 124gr for my competition guns and could have just used the 115gr for plinking or whatever. I tend to buy a lot at a time when prices are ok, which they have been until recently - especially target ball ammo, nothing special, but better than trying to throw your gun at an assailant, or worse - especially at Superman who is bulletproof but just ducks to avoid being hit by an empty pistol...

So, I see the ammo I sold at the cheap price I paid for it being sold by the guy I sold it to, who said he *needed* the ammo for protection, blah blah. He sold it for more than triple what I paid for it. Yea, it's his ammo now, and maybe he needs the money, but it kinda rubbed me the wrong way. No, it's nobody on this board, and no I'm not selling any more of my ammo.

Anyway, just my own experience with someone basically taking advantage of someone trying to do them a favor.

I guess I did them a favor.. Hope they *never* need another one from me... :sad20:

I would have contacted him and asked for the ammo back. Or the money.

You did not sell it to him to resell.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    There are a lot of good online sellers.

Lucky Gunner, SG Ammo are two good ones for ammo. Sportsman Outdoor Superstore has been good. And a few others.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    joebob is solid. They hooked me up even when it was my own dumbass fault. I would never hesitate to order from them.

Agreed. I’ve never had an issue with Joe Bob. As luck would have it, I’m wearing my Joe Bob hoodie as I read that

Attachments

• 06B52BE9-8C3E-4CF1-AD55-DD8E8B0ED772.jpg
      06B52BE9-8C3E-4CF1-AD55-DD8E8B0ED772.jpg
      96.3 KB · Views: 240

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

You who that’s never happened to? CTD. Just sayin!

sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    The JoeBob thread is a must read when it comes to sorting out truth Vs online whining. The evidence is overwhelming and JoeBob seems to be a standup business. More amazing is that the OP continues to deny wrongdoing.

CTD, on the other hand, has earned well deserved enmity. There is always some unprincipled cheapskate looking to pinch pennies, so when they are separated from their money, they should not be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom