• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Well I have a Remington/Marlin Model 1895GBL and I love the booming cannon. Nothing like the thrill of hammering the target with those 405 grain slugs. Trouble was, the gun was having difficulty properly feeding rounds from the mag to the bore. I read a lot from other owners, thought hard of sending the gun back to the factory and hope for the best. I looked on Youtube at others who dealt with the similar issues. So I broke out the Dremel tool, extended shaft, honing stones, 800, 1200, 1600 grit oxide cloth and went to work. Complete disassembly, smoothed all the ruff edges, cleaned up the ejector track, feeding ramp, lever arm, bolt face, ramp for the bore. Went over everything, cleaned it all up, lightly lubed and put it all back together. Holy cow, I cannot believe the transformation. This gun is now as smooth as my 1960 era 336 in .35Rem. What a difference, it even easily feeds those Hornady 325grain Leverlution rounds. So if you bought one of this new Marlins and it is not working like it should and you feel comfortable with polishing up the parts, have a go. You will be very happy, happy as this gun loving old guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom