• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    Team York presents our February Funshoot. The weather is looking reasonable, so I'm planning on opening it up to our usual stuff, steel, clays, some paper, more steel etc. I'm keeping 2 of the more popular stages in the back (they are still frozen in place). Don't expect too many surprises, its still February cold out there for setting up.

You may shoot all standard pistol caliber handguns (yes, .22 too), pistol caliber carbines and shotguns (limited to 7 1/2 shot or smaller), I may even throw in a slug or two. There is a multigun option for those so inclined.

Round counts will be up to you, shoot as much or as little as you wish. Stages will be short, with a total of around 75 targets, but if you only want to bring 50 rounds, you may certainly pic and choose your targets.

All starts will be from the low ready, so holsters, while encouraged, are not required.

Please remember, York is a cold range, no handling of handguns anywhere but the safe tables, and long guns must come out of your vehicle with a chamber flag (I will have some for sale), and be carried muzzle up. No loading at all until instructed.

Start time will likely be 11:00am to help burn off the cold. Give me money ($10) starting at 10:30.

Signup at yorksignup@gmail.com

g

CelticWarrior

Feb 16, 2013
    Is this sort of an introduction to 3-gun? Ive wanted to see what it was about for a while and thought it could be fun. fortunately I met a guy at the gym who turned me onto this site. It sounds like this day is mostly pistol/shotgun. about how often do you have these fun shoots?

Sorry for all the questions but I figure I just need to jump into it, otherwise I could read and research for months and never actually get anywhere.

Thanks!

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    The fun shoots are monthly events. They can also be a low pressure introduction to the multi-gun format if that's what you want to do.

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    This FunShoot is indeed an introduction to multigun, or a casual day with handgun, it is totally your choice. We limit it to pistol/shotty/pistol caliber carbine (instead of CF rifle), due to range of targets. Go to www.yorkpistol.blogspot.com for more info, or just bring what you got and we will find a place for you to shoot.

g

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    Do you know when York will post 2013 calendar for action shoots? Will they be held on 4th Saturday each month like last year? Also, is it true that some action shoots will allow CF rifles?

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    They have been posted. Most all multi-gun shoots have CF option.

MultiGun

Fun Shoots

Ah, thanks. I kept clicking on action shooting, missed 2013 link at bottom and multi gun link up top.

I have no idea what I'm going to do if SB281 passes. There are no CF rifle matches that I know of in MD. Sad, sad, sad...

howard762

York Match Director
    Feb 2, 2012
    Stewartstown PA
    Does an M1 Carbine count as a pistol caliber carbine?

No, not at York. That rule is in place to prevent damage to our steel (and spectators) at close distances. What we mean by pistol caliber is 9mm, 40, 45acp, and some others with prior approval.

Some shoots we have also allow 22lr in a carbine. When we allow those we ask you not to use hyper-velocity rounds like Stingers etc.

We do allow M1 carbines at some of our rifle shoots.

Never hesitate to ask. We like to find a place for the unusual stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom