• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    “We chose to demonstrate in Annapolis wearing the yellow gun star for appropriate historical reasons.

Our use of the yellow star symbol is neither disrespectful or anti-Semitic.

It is instead the symbol of the irony of a lawmakers emulating actions that helped make the Holocaust possible. The egregious assault on the rights of all law-abiding citizens is being championed by lawmakers who refuse to acknowledge that the Holocaust was made possible in part because German Jews, having been disarmed by their government, were unable to oppose a tyrannical dictator.

We don’t want citizens of any faith to be disarmed, and thus made vulnerable. That is why we choose to remind people of what can happen to an unarmed citizenry, by using a version of an icon of that terrible tragedy.

The yellow gun star is worn now at the MGA, both indoors and out, by Jews as well as those of other faiths, or of no faith tradition at all.

Jewish or not, we wear this yellow star symbol with reverent respect for the millions of innocents who have died at the direction of their own government. We wear it to stand for those who lost their lives, and we wear it to stand up to those who would, through disarmament, make citizens, including Jews, vulnerable where they congregate.

We recognized early on that this symbolized the present threat to us in our own day: the government intentionally disarming its own citizens, again, by law.

Maryland legislators, as is THEIR history, seek to punish that part of the population they despise, as the loyal German Jews were once despised and persecuted.

Today these legislators use the same propaganda techniques and baseless fact-free speculation to limit first what we say and eventually even how we can live, and where we choose to travel if we wish to defend ourselves and our families.

They are now openly celebrating the prospect of intentionally leaving us defenseless by law, so that, inevitably, we will be lethally harmed by the criminals they annually refuse to punish.

Maryland criminals carry and recklessly use stolen firearms to commit additional crimes and to murder the defenseless, as the legislators well know. The lawmakers know that law-abiding people are not the problem, yet that is who they target.

These legislators are too intoxicated with their own hubris to be ashamed of their unsurpassed ignorance of both history and human nature. They instead live in “The World of Make-Believe” and celebrate their astonishing delusions by making laws that reflect those delusions.

Thus we regard this historical parallel of our potential defenselessness with the almost unspeakable tragedy of the Jews of Germany and Eastern Europe before, and during, WWII as being more than an obvious one.

Despite the universal plea and the admonition since the Holocaust to “Never Forget” there are MD legislators who have clearly forgotten, or worse, shamelessly ignore 20th Century human history in their hysterical zeal to punish us in the 21st.

With them, history begins only the day they were born.

This is also why they openly and proudly seek to nullify the U.S. Constitution in Maryland for the political gain of The Party, as a collateral benefit of seeing us murdered in a State where, of all States, we should be free, because our State motto, bequeathed to us by Maryland’s fallen heroes, was meant to endure forever. With them, it’s a dead letter.

Now they auction off our fundamental Rights to their highest bidders, and illegitimate bills such as SB-1 are their payoff to their child-like supporters. The Constitutional illegitimacy of these bills is a feature, not a bug.

We thank our dear Patriot brother eruby for his courage and judgement in handling this latest abomination, given his own Jewish faith, and the wisdom and sincerity of his politics.

His tremendous courage, patience and humor shines through in this despicable yet revealing episode of being ordered to leave a public hearing because he wore the yellow gun star symbol as a testimony witness.

It is too great a violation of eruby’s rights and reputation to label this confrontation and illegal ejection from the hearing yesterday as just another “infringement.”

So, as with the yellow gun star symbol, we will never forget.”

The Patriot Picket.

D713B1BF-809D-49E4-8DAF-F4CB42376F3E.jpeg
    D50643E2-9B5E-4E53-B79A-DEE54287D784.jpeg

Last edited:

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    First off I am not Jewish. This was my take when I saw this symbol without any explanation, you can tell me if my first impression was right or wrong.

Displaying it means I will not stand idly by and allow the disarmament of a group of people again, no matter what the race, religion or other factors. Will not stand by for another Hitler, Mao, Stalin to disarm, oppress, and murder without a fight. Another holocaust, trail of tears or the like will be allowed.

Ok I read a lot into it. BTW good job to whoever came up with it.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Amen. Well said, Stu. I was disappointed that the chairman said what he did when he asked eruby to leave, and saw the building anger in his demeanor as he said it.

Exactly the same as the left's arguments against firearms ownership, the chairman's arguments against displaying the historical symbol and powerful message it conveyed (to those with a heart and brain) were entirely about someone else's feelings (being offended or scared) and creating a 'safe space' for everyone (else) to express their opinions. Everyone except Eric and others who exercised their 1A right to remind folks of this horrible history. Never forget.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I am a heterosexual, Christian, white male. I will not wear the "Star of David 1911" as I don't feel it is correct for me to do so. I FULLY support our Jewish members doing so but am opposed to my fellow gentiles wearing it.
    FB_IMG_1650298310045.jpg

Christians may defer to this good advice to fight tyranny.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I am a heterosexual, Christian, white male. I will not wear the "Star of David 1911" as I don't feel it is correct for me to do so. I FULLY support our Jewish members doing so but am opposed to my fellow gentiles wearng it.
    Considering then Sen Brian Frosh back in 2010 sponsored a bill to designate firearm owners with "an approved handgun purchase designation" that didn't delineate between Jew and gentile I believe it's appropriate.

FTA:
    (A) A regulated firearms dealer or person may only sell or transfer a handgun to another person if the purchaser or transferee presents to the seller or transferror a valid Maryland driver’s license with an approved handgun
    purchase designation
    or photographic identification card with an approved handgun purchase designation issued to the purchaser or transferee by the Motor Vehicle Administration.
    (B) A person may only purchase or receive a handgun if the person:
    (1) Possesses a valid Maryland driver’s license or state issued ID as outlined in (A).
    (C) The MVA shall issue a driver’s license with an approved handgun purchase designation or photographic ID with an approved handgun purchase designation.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I am a heterosexual, Christian, white male. I will not wear the "Star of David 1911" as I don't feel it is correct for me to do so. I FULLY support our Jewish members doing so but am opposed to my fellow gentiles wearing it.

I agree. I would not wear it either.

I hesitate to even throw this idea out there, but what about using a different marking for the background... such as the red triangles that were used for political prisoners/enemies of the state?

Unfortunately they probably wouldn't know what it signified.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    “Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear."
    Harry S. Truman.

This my Patriot Picket & MSI friends, examples of Tyranny in MGA

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Well said.

Honored to stand with you against statist tyranny.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Considering then Sen Brian Frosh back in 2010 sponsored a bill to designate firearm owners with "an approved handgun purchase designation" that didn't delineate between Jew and gentile I believe it's appropriate.

FTA:
    From the law above:
    "(C) The MVA shall issue a driver’s license with an approved handgun purchase designation or photographic ID with an approved handgun purchase designation."

The "approved handgun purchase designation" being discussed at the time was a yellow star imprinted on the mandatory drivers license or state issued ID IIRC.

I would proudly wear a Star of David symbol if I was given one or asked by a member of the Jewish faith to wear one to show solidarity and support for their stand against disarming citizens because their fight is our fight as well as our fight is also theirs.

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

A valid point for some .

But Yellow wasn't the only color for Nazi prisoners. Some others for your consideration and possible symbolic use :

Political Prisonsers - Red
    Antisocial Elements - Black ; sometimes Brown
    LGBTQ - Pink
    Religious Protestors other than Jews - Purple

The colors were combined for people of multiple categories. Ie A Political Jehovas Witness would be superposed Purple and Red triangles .

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    I support my Jewish brothers and sisters but I’m on the fence with this one knowing personally how symbols and words can be hurtful. Military organizations have psych op units for a reason, it works.

I continue to fight and keep my rights to include the 2nd. This will not distract me.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I support my Jewish brothers and sisters but I’m on the fence with this one knowing personally how symbols and words can be hurtful. Military organizations have psych op units for a reason, it works.

I continue to fight and keep my rights to include the 2nd. This will not distract me.
    Same. I'll probably take fire for this but I don't care, lol.

I come from a Jewish family and I personally would not have worn one - I find it to be in poor taste. Comparing restricting 2A rights to slaughtering millions of Jews is sort of a joke. Yes, I understand the history. Please, no lectures about " if the jews had been armed, etc." I know. I've thought about it too and I very much understand the point. I completely understand why the symbol was appropriated for the group and I am well aware that no one that wore one did so with any antisemitic intent.

But I also judge those sort of things though by how the room or the target audience will receive it. For example, for that audience, talking in opposition to SB1, speaking about how it will affect our right to protect our families, our businesses, and our communities, would be more impactful than talking about Jefferson and the blood of patriots and tyrants and the liberty tree. No one cares. I mean I care, personally. But they won't care, and they're the ones making the decisions. You have to play to the room. And for those that say "Their minds are made up and it doesn't matter what we say," I don't believe that is 100% true, and I have to trust Mark Pennak when he says it matters.

I look at wearing the star the same way. None of the legislators are going to be swayed by that. 99% of the public isn't going to be swayed by that. If they think anything of it, they'll think that it is in poor taste, and give less consideration to the people wearing them.

Then again, some people have different tactics. Some want the "wow" factor, or the shock and awe effect. I prefer to be more tactful and target what I say, what I do, and how I appear, to achieving my ultimate goal. It looks like the group yesterday was great and I'm upset I couldn't make it, but when I was there in 2013, there were plenty of people whose whole purpose was to be as offensive and disruptive as possible. I don't particularly care for that tactic, but I understand it.

Also, my history is hazy, but didn't Novus Collectus take a lot of fire and ultimately get banned/leave MDS for a similar stunt? I can't remember the particulars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom