• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    My son (at WVU) sent this. Concealed carry with permit passes the state Senate and heads to the House. Some exceptions such as no carry at large gatherings like games. Must have a permit and applies only to state colleges and universities. The reason given - state schools are a part of the government and have constitutional restrictions on denying rights. :D

WV residents 18-21 can get a provisional carry license which expires at the age of 21.
    Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 6.42.08 PM.png

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    That’s awesome. I wish they had that 30 years ago when I attended. Image if Virginia tech had campus carry? May have stopped a mass shooter.

Longhorse

MSI Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2021
    Good news for WV. It will be great news if it passes the House and gets signed into law.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    When I graduated from WVU back in the 90’s they probably turned out just as many alcoholics as they did graduates. Never felt unsafe there or the need to carry, but it would have been sketchy if I did. Did have some crazy good times there.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    My son (at WVU) sent this. Concealed carry with permit passes the state Senate and heads to the House. Some exceptions such as no carry at large gatherings like games. Must have a permit and applies only to state colleges and universities. The reason given - state schools are a part of the government and have constitutional restrictions on denying rights. :D

WV residents 18-21 can get a provisional carry license which expires at the age of 21.
    View attachment 398421

Good news. I have two sons that graduated from WVU in Morgantown about 20 years ago. They both got carry permits as soon as age permitted them. They both lived on Campus back then and kept pistol near to them in truck or in their rental apartments. They both wanted protection in case they ever needed it. I believe that earlier years before them someone did some crazy stuff there with a gun. I remember them saying that it would be too late by the time law enforcement showed up. We carried everywhere else there and on the farm also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom