• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AOW162435

Jan 16, 2019
    Ellicott City
    After months of looking and probably 9-10 trips out to the Thomas/Davis/Canaan areas, we found a 4+ acre parcel in Dry Fork. It has sweeping views of the back side of Canaan Valley Ski Resort and is less than 15 minutes from Dolly Sods.
    We first stood on the property in early January and have since met with a few potential builders.
    Settlement happens in a few weeks and we have our fingers crossed that construction can start before the end of the year.

Andreas

vanquish1

MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2022
    Howard County
    After months of looking and probably 9-10 trips out to the Thomas/Davis/Canaan areas, we found a 4+ acre parcel in Dry Fork. It has sweeping views of the back side of Canaan Valley Ski Resort and is less than 15 minutes from Dolly Sods.
    We first stood on the property in early January and have since met with a few potential builders.
    Settlement happens in a few weeks and we have our fingers crossed that construction can start before the end of the year.

Andreas
    Nice and congrats. Do you know if there are other lots available in the area? I am your neighbor now and maybe that could continue sometime in the future? (sorry that comes off a bit creepy)

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA

Andreas
    Congrats. My first choice for location - I usually hit up White Grass a few times/season. I've not had much luck finding unrestricted land, though. I'm not planning to build immediately and need to be able to park a camper or small shed/cabin there for at least a few years. I'd also like to build a small square range on the property and I get the sense that the locals in that area aren't going to be super jazzed about that.

AOW162435

Jan 16, 2019
    Ellicott City
    Nice and congrats. Do you know if there are other lots available in the area? I am your neighbor now and maybe that could continue sometime in the future? (sorry that comes off a bit creepy)
    I do know of a few available lots within the same area. Will send a PM.

Congrats. My first choice for location - I usually hit up White Grass a few times/season. I've not had much luck finding unrestricted land, though. I'm not planning to build immediately and need to be able to park a camper or small shed/cabin there for at least a few years. I'd also like to build a small square range on the property and I get the sense that the locals in that area aren't going to be super jazzed about that.
    While my first choice would have been the ol' "100 acres in WV", I was fine deciding on this very quiet, peaceful & established setting. We've already chatted with a few homeowners there, and while letting off a .50cal on Saturday morning is probably frowned upon, it sounds like plenty of people target shoot when the mood strikes. Not to mention, it's a 5 minute walk from the property to National Forest land. I believe that opens up a few possibilities for slinging projectiles.

Andreas

Last edited:

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I do know of a few available lots within the same area. Will send a PM.

While my first choice would have been the ol' "100 acres in WV", I was fine deciding on this very quiet, peaceful & established setting. We've already chatted with a few homeowners there, and while letting off a .50cal on Saturday morning is probably frowned upon, it sounds like plenty of people target shoot when the mood strikes. Not to mention, it's a 5 minute walk from the property to Nation Forest land. I believe that opens up a few possibilities for slinging projectiles.

Andreas
    Thanks, good to know.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Have you looked into building a modular home? you will save some serious $$$ that way and they are just as strong as stick built. I highly recommend that you do look into that plus you are not to far from that trout farm.

Last edited:

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    73 acres of land with a stream. Relatively close to Morgantown and Deep Creek. $250k

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

AOW162435

Jan 16, 2019
    Ellicott City

Andreas
    Aaaaaand it's done.

We met with the sellers at a law office in Elkins yesterday. The entire process took about 30 minutes. Truly wonderful people who owned (and improved) the lot for 20 years.
    We're thrilled that it all fell into place smoothly and are excited for what lies ahead.

Andreas

Attachments

• 5AA4DDD5-02A8-478A-BCF5-BB1DDC6BA4DB.jpeg
      5AA4DDD5-02A8-478A-BCF5-BB1DDC6BA4DB.jpeg
      423.1 KB · Views: 127
    • E527CEE1-5FCE-465F-A910-75957A413FA9.jpeg
      E527CEE1-5FCE-465F-A910-75957A413FA9.jpeg
      525.7 KB · Views: 130
    • C920086F-E04A-4C49-9BA0-9CA27E031B01.jpeg
      C920086F-E04A-4C49-9BA0-9CA27E031B01.jpeg
      322.6 KB · Views: 128

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    If 10 people went in at 190K that would be enough to buy it. You could use the river to produce power that is needed and the cost to build it split among those who buy in.
    Dealing with 10 people in a partnership is not the getaway I’d want but that’s just me.

vanquish1

MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2022
    Howard County
    Aaaaaand it's done.

We met with the sellers at a law office in Elkins yesterday. The entire process took about 30 minutes. Truly wonderful people who owned (and improved) the lot for 20 years.
    We're thrilled that it all fell into place smoothly and are excited for what lies ahead.

Andreas
    Congrats Andreas!

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Aaaaaand it's done.

Andreas
    Congratulations!

Deerminator

Jul 5, 2010
    Hagerstown
    Aaaaaand it's done.

Andreas
    Love visiting that area of WV. Congratulations on the land and hope you have a speedy build

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    You want your own mountain ? Here it is:

151 acres. Access road. Well. Septic permits. 399k

Now, they say '360 degree view'. One direction you see the state prison complex (WCI/NBCI), the other direction the federal pen (FCI) and the third direction you have neighbors who blow shit up every week (Northrop/ABL).

But yeah, if you have 150 acres, you dont really have to worry much about your neighbors.

And no HOA !

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!

65 Acres of Prime Hunting Land with a Cabin​

Harrison County Online Real Estate Auction Bidding begins clogging Wednesday, August 30th at 7:00PM Preview & Inspection: By Appointment 411 Harris Fork Road, Wallace, WV 65 Acres of Prime Hunting Land with a Cabin

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom