• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I like this. Wonder what the HOA restrictions are?
    the problem, is IF there is an HOA, and even if the CURRENT rules let you do what you want, no guarantee they won't ban stuff like shooting and hunting going forward.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Found a place in Falling waters that we really liked. First one we wanted to put an offer on in almost 3 years of looking. It listed on Thursday, we looked at it Friday, put in an offer Saturday morning. Yesterday we were told there were 6 offers and they will be reviewing and picking one this evening.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Found a place in Falling waters that we really liked. First one we wanted to put an offer on in almost 3 years of looking. It listed on Thursday, we looked at it Friday, put in an offer Saturday morning. Yesterday we were told there were 6 offers and they will be reviewing and picking one this evening.
    Well this sucks. We didnt get it. We bid 25K over asking, no appraisal contingency and a huge down payment and someone beat us in all cash.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. Housing and land prices here in WV, especially in the eastern portions, have gone absolutely berserk. I keep looking for a piece of land for "weekend stuff" but I haven't been able to find much unless I want to go way west or way south (from the Eastern Panhandle). Hang in there. Something will break in your direction eventually.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. Housing and land prices here in WV, especially in the eastern portions, have gone absolutely berserk. I keep looking for a piece of land for "weekend stuff" but I haven't been able to find much unless I want to go way west or way south (from the Eastern Panhandle). Hang in there. Something will break in your direction eventually.
    Thanks. It's really rough. I'm discouraged but my wife is really crushed about it. She was really counting on this place. We're both sick of this little box we've been living in but it's really starting to get to her.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Thanks. It's really rough. I'm discouraged but my wife is really crushed about it. She was really counting on this place. We're both sick of this little box we've been living in but it's really starting to get to her.
    I dread the time when we start looking for a place to move to, out of Maryland. It won't be for a few more years and who knows if the housing availability/market will drop back to normal supply/demand then. My wife really has no idea about how hard it is to find a new home in areas other than Maryland... she is in full expectation that it will be a simple process.

I am not going to pay out gobs of money for overpriced housing. That will be a hard fact for her to accept. If the housing market is still crazy in a few years, we may be staying put and will have to think of other avenues to vacate this state.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I dread the time when we start looking for a place to move to, out of Maryland. It won't be for a few more years and who knows if the housing availability/market will drop back to normal supply/demand then. My wife really has no idea about how hard it is to find a new home in areas other than Maryland... she is in full expectation that it will be a simple process.

I am not going to pay out gobs of money for overpriced housing. That will be a hard fact for her to accept. If the housing market is still crazy in a few years, we may be staying put and will have to think of other avenues to vacate this state.
    Selling high buying high or
    Selling “normal” buying
    “normal” is basically a wash.
    If you sell high in MD chances are you’ll still be ahead of the game buying high somewhere else. GL

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    My son bought 3 1/2 years ago at the age of 24.
    The house had just hit the market. I told him to offer full asking right now. Fortunately he got the house and a few things really went his way leading to closing. No way in hell that story happens today. Wish you the same luck.
    I can attest that it sucks majorly.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Hang in there.

The good news for you (less so for sellers) is that last month was the slowest month for existing home sales since the start of the pandemic: https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/19/exi...-to-lowest-level-since-start-of-pandemic.html

Expect existing sales to go lower, which means prices will drop. I'm already starting to see price cuts on properties farther in-state from the panhandle, it'll take a little bit, but those prices will drop in the panhandle as well eventually. And when they do, you'll be happy that someone beat you out and paid too much.

The cure for high prices is high prices.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Hang in there.

The good news for you (less so for sellers) is that last month was the slowest month for existing home sales since the start of the pandemic: https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/19/exi...-to-lowest-level-since-start-of-pandemic.html

Expect existing sales to go lower, which means prices will drop. I'm already starting to see price cuts on properties farther in-state from the panhandle, it'll take a little bit, but those prices will drop in the panhandle as well eventually. And when they do, you'll be happy that someone beat you out and paid too much.

The cure for high prices is high prices.
    I hope you're right and that that will push inventory up as well. The discouraging part is less the prices and more just finding anything. This was the first place in almost 3 years that we really liked, good house, over 2 acres, no HOA, 3 car garage, and that also had the internet i need for work. The vast majority of what is for sale is crappy builder homes on tiny lots with no trees, no privacy, no space. I wouldnt buy one like that if they were going for half the current prices.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    *****Things have really really slowed down in my area of MoCo. Houses are not selling anywhere near as quickly and there’s generally not multiple offers with escalation clauses etc.. prices are still stupid high but will have to come down or stuff in many good neighborhoods will just not move. Comps will gravitate down with some time. There are several nice homes in my area that have been on the market for 30 days or so now which has been rare.

cogcon

COGCON
    MDS Supporter
    I'm really not sure. If you look at the satellite map, there's nothing else around. It's obviously set up for a camper, so I doubt there are building restrictions or such covenants and hunting is likely a-ok. I think it even says hunting on the real estate agent copy. Shoot, give the agent a shout and see what they say?

Here are the google map coordinates: 38.48147838566097, -79.38816741546471

My only concern is that there looks to be a chicken farm about a mile north that could get a little aromatic in the summer doldrums, but only if the wind is blowing from the north.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom