• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ICW2019

Mar 8, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    I was going to say whats all the worry of a non resident permit when wva is permitless carry.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Just spoke with Berkley County Sheriff's Office.

They have Non-resident apps there, but you must go in to get one.

Bring NRA/DD214, etc credentials, check or money order for $100, DL, and SS card.

Takes 45 days for background, then you go back again for photo, and you get the permit.

Deputy didn't think it was online anywhere, nor if the app could be emailed.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Just spoke with Berkley County Sheriff's Office.

They have Non-resident apps there, but you must go in to get one.

Bring NRA/DD214, etc credentials, check or money order for $100, DL, and SS card.

Takes 45 days for background, then you go back again for photo, and you get the permit.

Deputy didn't think it was online anywhere, nor if the app could be emaile
    Just remember that each county does their own thing, so what happens in Berkely County may not be exactly the same as in Jefferson or some other county.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Just remember that each county does their own thing, so what happens in Berkely County may not be exactly the same as in Jefferson or some other county.
    If I might make so bold as to ask you to call a couple/few County Sheriffs and report back. We would be grateful.

I got a return call from the WVa Attorney General's shake boy and he only gave me the number for Berkley.

hammer67

Aug 21, 2016
    Ellicott City
    I spoke with Berkely county. They will accept my nra certifications as fulfilling training requirements. Told me to bring them and MD HQIC. No mention of SS card? The application is available online. It is outdated and no place to put for non-resident. But that is still what they are using. It asks for SS #. They said I could fill out there and they have notary. If mailing, need to sign in presense of notary.

My bad. It was Jefferson County I spoke with.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    If I might make so bold as to ask you to call a couple/few County Sheriffs and report back. We would be grateful.

I got a return call from the WVa Attorney General's shake boy and he only gave me the number for Berkley.
    You have Berkeley County. I'll check Jefferson and Morgan counties (eastern-most counties closest to Maryland) but it will have to wait until week after next as I'll be on the road until then.

hammer67

Aug 21, 2016
    Ellicott City
    You have Berkeley County. I'll check Jefferson and Morgan counties (eastern-most counties closest to Maryland) but it will have to wait until week after next as I'll be on the road until then.
    See my above post. Called Jefferson County sheriff office. Spoke with Monica Anderson. Bring unsigned application ( or fill one out there), ID, training proof, $100. Fill out application, sign it, and they will notarize it. Pay. They will call when ready. No mention of SS card? But I have her email I can verify that. Can't recall if wanted cash or check? Will verify that also. There also is additional $25 when pick up permit.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    See my above post. Called Jefferson County sheriff office. Spoke with Monica Anderson. Bring unsigned application ( or fill one out there), ID, training proof, $100. Fill out application, sign it, and they will notarize it. Pay. They will call when ready. No mention of SS card? But I have her email I can verify that. Can't recall if wanted cash or check? Will verify that also. There also is additional $25 when pick up permit.
    100 sounds steep for non resident permit. 50 total for a resident permit is the norm.

hammer67

Aug 21, 2016
    Ellicott City
    If they are notarizing as well it is not that bad, I know places charge like $25.00
    Try UPS. Minimal charge. My bank, PNC, does notary free for me. But I took my designated collector application to UPS instead cause didn't think my bank needed to know about my guns.

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    Why do you all want a non resident WV carry permit? Its constitutional carry right, no permit needed to cc?

hammer67

Aug 21, 2016
    Ellicott City
    Why do you all want a non resident WV carry permit? Its constitutional carry right, no permit needed to cc?
    for reciprocity. like people getting Utah permit. WV non-resident permit will let you carry in DE, among others. I just mention cause DE neighboring state and I travel there sometimes.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    For reciprocity. Having MD, PA, and WV permits will get you 37 states worth of reciprocity, IIRC.

ETA - 32 other states, and that obviously includes constitutional carry states.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom