• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Anyone know or can . Looking for round pieces of wood for center pieces for a table ,decoration.Bark still on ,the nature look. About an inch think . Need one around 16” diameter and about 10pcs 12” diameter . Stores have them but they want 15$ a piece.. For my daughters wedding . Figure throw out a line seeing if someone may be able to help. I’m in AA county , Millersville. Will pay and travel to pick up within reason. Just can’t see paying and arm and leg for it . Hell if I was still on the farm I could do it in 15 minutes , but sadly I’m not.Anyway . Thanks

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I see them on Facebook Marketplace all the time. I buy mine from a place in Keymar, Harman's Lumber, (717) 977-9472

Last edited:

wilcam47

Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Anyone know or can . Looking for round pieces of wood for center pieces for a table ,decoration.Bark still on ,the nature look. About an inch think . Need one around 16” diameter and about 10pcs 12” diameter . Stores have them but they want 15$ a piece.. For my daughters wedding . Figure throw out a line seeing if someone may be able to help. I’m in AA county , Millersville. Will pay and travel to pick up within reason. Just can’t see paying and arm and leg for it . Hell if I was still on the farm I could do it in 15 minutes , but sadly I’m not.Anyway . Thanks

I might can cut some, just have to pay shipping

Batt816

MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    I will be cutting firewood in a few weeks, I don’t mind cutting them- no charge, but you will have to pick up in Cordova.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Roger that , Batt 816 I will take you up on that , I appreciate it . Your not that far at all. Look forward to getting them it will make a couple of women very happy .(wife&daughter ) Let me know when . Thank you

Batt816

MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    Roger that , Batt 816 I will take you up on that , I appreciate it . Your not that far at all. Look forward to getting them it will make a couple of women very happy .(wife&daughter ) Let me know when . Thank you

No problem! I’ll let you know when they are cut.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд

Throw in mom and that is the trifecta that will make your life much more pleasant :)

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    There is a house at the corner of MD 205 (Mattawoman-Beantown Road) and Substation Road, in Waldorf, that has a couple of LARGE Oak trees cut down, and just laying there.

At one point in time, and elderly lady lived there.

I'm GUESSING that she had the trees cut down, but, doesn't have the funds to have them removed from the property.

IF you're local to Southern Maryland, she might welcome the removal of some of (all of) the downed tree(s).

twybyll

Jan 20, 2021
    MD
    Wedding is December 22 .

I was down in my basement looking at my wood pile, and it reminded me of this thread again. Virgil, remember that if you're dealing with green wood slabs (or "rounds"), there's a good chance that they're going to dry and form a huge crack in them. I don't know what you're trying to make, but I'd hate for you to find out wedding day. The ones sold commercially have been kiln dried to prevent the cracking.

There are stabilizers you might be able to use, but again, depends on the final product you're going for.

Batt816

MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    D61E6B11-4006-41D7-9D20-3A67AA9DF9ED.jpg
    4B506B70-E096-400A-88FD-B1B53BA49A35.jpg

Got some cut 10” to 12”, if I cut an inch thick the bark just flies off. Stepped up to 1 1/2”- 2” and it’s better, but bark is separating, I might try some glue to hold it on, any suggestions?

May 13, 2005
    View attachment 327406
    View attachment 327407

Got some cut 10” to 12”, if I cut an inch thick the bark just flies off. Stepped up to 1 1/2”- 2” and it’s better, but bark is separating, I might try some glue to hold it on, any suggestions?

Dude... With a name that has batt in it, and a pic of a dark door leading to something mysterious with a Batman sticker on it... Hmmm.. Ya gotta hide the batcave entrance better...

wilcam47

Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    View attachment 327406
    View attachment 327407

wood hardener?

https://www.acehardware.com/departm...eb83633129e91551577e02a9133a97ea&gclsrc=3p.ds

Wood glue might work or gorilla glue but need to activate it with watrr then strap it, with band clamp or cargo strap overnight

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    I’m thinking hitting with small brads . See the bark separating. Hmmmmm. The ladies want to put some burlap and some mason jars , some marble looking things on them for center piece on table . Not home now I can show them pics see what they say I will see them tomorrow evening . I appreciate it !!!

chuck

MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    I’m thinking hitting with small brads . See the bark separating. Hmmmmm. The ladies want to put some burlap and some mason jars , some marble looking things on them for center piece on table . Not home now I can show them pics see what they say I will see them tomorrow evening . I appreciate it !!!

Wood glue may be what you need. That may be able to reattach the bark to the wood. If it is really falling off you may need some resin.

group shooter

Nov 14, 2021
    Glen Burnie
    we just had a barn wedding for my daughter in October wife has burlap mason jars lanterns for center pieces table clothes all going on facebook soon pm if your interested plenty of other stuff also

Batt816

MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    Dude... With a name that has batt in it, and a pic of a dark door leading to something mysterious with a Batman sticker on it... Hmmm.. Ya gotta hide the batcave entrance better...

Just saw this…. :lol::lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    shadow032

Latest threads

Top Bottom