Woman shot while checking crab pots in the Elk??

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Weird. Maybe the shooter was plain-old negligent, with no awareness of a backstop, and figured nobody was in the water nearby.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    only a 22 per the article it didn't penetrate

PSA if you have a iPhone (should for the android too) download the Cecil Daily app no limit on articles then
    If no to above use a different browser

I mostly use my phone, not sure why they are bastards about the regular site.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Sounds to me like it was accidental. From the quote below it sounds like the suggestion above, no backstop and wrong place wrong time. From the wound description it appears the bullet didn't penetrate her stomach. She must have been a good distance away from the shooter for the bullet not to have that little energy left.

"She suddenly felt a pain in her stomach and doubled over," Thomson said. At first thinking his wife was joking, she stood and a bullet fell from her shirt and into the floor of the 18-foot aluminum jon boat. "

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    I've exhausted my free views for the month and refuse to pay a penny to that rag, looks like she was "shot" from the shoreline?

Very odd.:sad20:

Clear the browser cookies associated with that website and then you can have another 5 free articles just as soon as you want.

I'd say the guy who just had his rifle confiscated is going to be in a bit of a jam if ballistic/powder tests can tie the gun & spent cases to the recovered round.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Clear the browser cookies associated with that website and then you can have another 5 free articles just as soon as you want.

I'd say the guy who just had his rifle confiscated is going to be in a bit of a jam if ballistic/powder tests can tie the gun & spent cases to the recovered round.
    Check the POS to see if he owns AK a little girl on New Years was killed by a round fired into the air

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County

I tend to agree. Accident.......???? nahh...doesn't seem that way, but hey, Im sure there is maybe a lot of information that has not been released yet....just sounds strange that a guy on the shore, his round ACCIDENTLY hit a woman, in a boat, in a middle of the river :-) SURE...it could...HAPPEN!!!!;)

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Happened to that little girl from PA. What are the chances? Shit, I intentionally shoot at things and miss for God's sake.....

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Happened to that little girl from PA. What are the chances? Shit, I intentionally shoot at things and miss for God's sake.....

Seems like he made a deliberate bad decision here. I am thinking it's not his first time .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom