• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sharpster

Jul 22, 2010
    York, PA
    Had a family get together this weekend and my Mother had me walk out to her car for a moment, said there was something she wanted to show me. Strolled outside to be greeted by this beauty. It had been hanging on the wall at my grandparents since I was young and even before I was really into firearms, or even knew who the Duke was, I always had said I liked it. Its been a few years since my grandfather has passed, but apparently my grandmother remembered my interest in it as a young boy. Unbeknownst to me, she told my mother to make sure to pass it down to me one day, Sunday happened to be that day.
    These are a couple stock photos I found online as I didn't take pictures of mine. I have the rifle, and the wooden wall mount. The rest of the stuff either my grandmother has buried someplace or it isn't around any more. It appears to have been fired before but its in great condition.

I'd never heard of .32-40win, so I learned a little about a new caliber and its history too which is always fun.

P1290329-2.jpg
    P1290286.jpg

trailtoy

GOA, MSI, NRA
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2013
    St. Marys
    My father bought one of those when they were new. It has only been out of the box a few times. Wish I had the wall mount!

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    You need a box of these to complete the collection...
    22453682_1.jpeg

To really complete the collection you need the 2007 100th Birthday edition of the Winchester in .44-40 with ammunition and the Colt revolvers to go with it.
    John-Wayne-Colts-Winchesters.jpg

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    The Winchesters actually used by John Wayne had their barrels cut down so he could spin-cock them without hitting his armpit. Chuck Connors (The Rifleman) was taller than John Wayne and didn't need the barrel cut down...Duke was 6'4"...Connors was 6'6".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom