• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Thanks Alan but I'm not reloading 20 gauge yet, don't shoot enough of it to make buying the press worthwhile, however when I get that Guerini 20/28 combo set I will have to start.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Thanks Alan but I'm not reloading 20 gauge yet, don't shoot enough of it to make buying the press worthwhile, however when I get that Guerini 20/28 combo set I will have to start.

Thought you were getting the Fabarms XLR:)
    So many guns, so little time .......and money........

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Bump. Back on sale, just grabbed some.

I feel like such a novice. I ordered one flat of the Winchester and one of the Estate, trying both to see what my 391 likes best.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Why don't you guys get together and order a pallet from C&C? Much cheaper for better shells, delivered to your club.

http://cacassociatesinc.com/

96 flats to a pallet? Can you mix shot size on a pallet? Can you mix gauges on a pallet?
    I see gunclubs at $55/flat and Rios at $52 for 1-1/8oz and $51 for 1oz.
    Thats $4990-$5280 a pallet! Big cash outlay. And then of course, the big question is shipping. Do the prices drop further on a pallet?
    Think we can get 5 of us at about 20 flats each? I could handle the collections and they could deliver to my house and you could pickup here.
    Anybody?

ps: I have to say though that I am happy with the Win Super Targs and got my last 10 flats from Cabelas for $58 with free shipping. They are now $58 with $5 ship.
    I don't like the cheap Feds, but a lot of my 5-stand buds shoot Rios and are happy with them.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    On further thought, the trucker probably won't take the pallet off the truck, or will just drop it off the tailgate at the street, and that could be a prob as I don't have a pallet truck. I doubt that LR or AGC would let them be delivered there.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    96 flats to a pallet? Can you mix shot size on a pallet? Can you mix gauges on a pallet?
    I see gunclubs at $55/flat and Rios at $52 for 1-1/8oz and $51 for 1oz.
    Thats $4990-$5280 a pallet! Big cash outlay. And then of course, the big question is shipping. Do the prices drop further on a pallet?
    Think we can get 5 of us at about 20 flats each? I could handle the collections and they could deliver to my house and you could pickup here.
    Anybody?

ps: I have to say though that I am happy with the Win Super Targs and got my last 10 flats from Cabelas for $53 with free shipping. They are now $58 with $5 ship.
    I don't like the cheap Feds, but a lot of my 5-stand buds shoot Rios and are happy with them.

I do not shoot enough shotgun to get into a buy like this. I just ordered two flats. That should keep me happy for a while. Two more would cause interesting storage issues. Already have 9x19 and 5.56 under a bed.

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    I do not shoot enough shotgun to get into a buy like this. I just ordered two flats. That should keep me happy for a while. Two more would cause interesting storage issues. Already have 9x19 and 5.56 under a bed.

If you buy a pallet, shipping is free, less a fuel surcharge of $20. It comes from Out of State, so there's no sales tax. Yes, you can mix and match to make a pallet. I have done this many times and between ten guys and usually never have a problem putting together an order for 200 flats or so. If you shoot enough trap, skeet or sporting, this is the only way to go if you don't reload.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Just a note on Cabela's and their shipping. I ordered my shotshells on Saturday, roughly 10pm. When I got home Tuesday, the boxes were waiting. It seems that Cabela's has ammo at a UPS depot in New Stanton, PA and my order was packed and shipped from there. Very quick and efficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom