Will the New York ruling ever take place in MD?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Saw this while reading the Tweet DC-W reposted.

1656537437128.png

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I can't imagine he'll lose on summary reversal. The question is, will the State appeal the loss?
    On what possible grounds? That G&S was the rule back when he applied? If that was held, then he'd just apply again and get a permit per Bruen. It's like buying something that goes on sale an hour later, and the store tells you they can't refund the difference. So you return it, and buy it again at the sale price. Which is absurd, and why most retailers give in ... which surely MD would do in this case, surely. I mean, other than being dicks just for the sake of being dicks, which is a distinct possibility.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    On what possible grounds? That G&S was the rule back when he applied? If that was held, then he'd just apply again and get a permit per Bruen. It's like buying something that goes on sale an hour later, and the store tells you they can't refund the difference. So you return it, and buy it again at the sale price. Which is absurd, and why most retailers give in ... which surely MD would do in this case, surely. I mean, other than being dicks just for the sake of being dicks, which is a distinct possibility.
    Frosh has already mentioned he's in consultations with MGA leadership. What if they are planning to petition* Hogan to call for a special session to update gun control laws in Maryland to put something in place that will cause enough pain to deter applications and/or carrying, but not enough pain to cause a court slapdown that results in defacto Constitutional Carry?

If they were planning something like that, Frosh would be using every tool at his disposal to delay a final court ruling on MD's current process, until all the signatures could be gathered for the special session and the session called. He already knows 4CA's brief filing schedule for Call that precludes any decision from 4CA any earlier than October. And, of course, neither he nor the MGA leadership would be discussing what they were planning.

It's not that far out of a hypothesis, given Frosh's and MGA leadership's intentions on gun control and his standard MO in the past. He won't outright defy the law, but he will use every single legal tool at his disposal to delay, obfuscate, and ultimately get as much of the cake as possible.

*By MD law, the Governor is required to call a special session if more than 50% of the members of the House of Delegates and Senate sign on to a petition requesting a special session on a specific issue.

Last edited:

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I don't know whether "sunshine" law requirements are in play with a special session but Democrats and "sunshine" laws don't even have a passing relationship. The WaPo tag line says "Democracy Dies in Darkness"...they don't admit it's the Democrats that bring the dark...much like Lucas Electrics in British cars.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Frosh has already mentioned he's in consultations with MGA leadership. What if they are planning to petition* Hogan to call for a special session to update gun control laws in Maryland to put something in place that will cause enough pain to deter applications and/or carrying, but not enough pain to cause a court slapdown?

If they were planning something like that, Frosh would be using every tool at his disposal to prevent a final court ruling on MD's current process, until all the signatures could be gathered for the special session and the session called. And, of course, neither he nor the MGA leadership would be discussing what they were planning.

*By MD law, the Governor is required to call a special session if more than 50% of the members of the House of Delegates and Senate sign on to a petition requesting a special session on a specific issue.
    Is not Frosh a paid employee of US?

Is not HOGAN? Are we not entitled to be privy to or present at any and all discussions about legislation?

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I don't know whether "sunshine" law requirements are in play with a special session but Democrats and "sunshine" laws don't even have a passing relationship. The WaPo tag line says "Democracy Dies in Darkness"...they don't admit it's the Democrats that bring the dark...much like Lucas Electrics in British cars.
    OUCH Lucas Electronics is a low blow. Bob

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Is not Frosh a paid employee of US?

Is not HOGAN? Are we not entitled to be privy to or present at any and all discussions about legislation?
    For your third question, frankly, no, not under MD law. From what I read, MDAG's Office is not a Public Body as defined in the Maryland Open Meetings Act. A Senate or House Committee meeting is subject to OMA, but that's going to occur well after the staff has borrowed draft bills from Everytown's lawyers and the fix is in. And I think (maybe one of the lawyers here will correct me) the AG can discuss matters surrounding pending litigation involving the State in private with legislators.

See:
    https://www.marylandattorneygeneral.gov/OpenGov Documents/omaChapter1.pdf

As for who Frosh works for, he works for the Party and the >50% of voters who voted for him. The rest of us are along for the ride.

Last edited:

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I thought special sessions were specifically for budget issues and nothing else...?:shrug:

Lalez

BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2019
    Russia
    Lol Maryland is going Constitutional Carry

I posted somewhere on the day of the ruling that Maryland would play some games and end up being Constitutional Carry….I was kidding at the time……but it’s becoming more and more a very possible outcome

Frosh=Seizure or Heart Attack

MSP= pissed

Blue County police= more pissed

Thugs in Maryland= reallly really pissed

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    For your third question, frankly, no, not under MD law. From what I read, MDAG's Office is not a Public Body as defined in the Maryland Open Meetings Act. A Senate or House Committee meeting is subject to OMA, but that's going to occur well after the staff has borrowed draft bills from Everytown's lawyers and the fix is in. And I think (maybe one of the lawyers here will correct me) the AG can discuss matters surrounding pending litigation involving the State in private with legislators.

See:
    https://www.marylandattorneygeneral.gov/OpenGov Documents/omaChapter1.pdf

As for who Frosh works for, he works for the Party and the >50% of voters who voted for him. The rest of us are along for the ride.
    Thanks

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Lol Maryland is going Constitutional Carry

I posted somewhere on the day of the ruling that Maryland would play some games and end up being Constitutional Carry….I was kidding at the time……but it’s becoming more and more a very possible outcome

Frosh=Seizure or Heart Attack

MSP= pissed

Blue County police= more pissed

Thugs in Maryland= reallly really pissed
    Yes. If they offer no legal pathway to carry, then you may exercise the right. The exercise of a civil right may not be impeded.

Yes. If they offer no legal pathway to carry, then you may exercise the right. The exercise of a civil right may not be impeded.
    While true Doc who's going to force them to change the law? There is no agency in the federal government that will (can?) defy the leadership at the federal level. MSP certainly will not and only a fool would think that the AG would stop short of making arrests on the grounds that the law has been found to be unconstitutional..I foresee political prisoners...Sue all you want...if you can afford it...peasants..

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    They need to make sure that my great aunt Tildy can exercise her right to self defense from her wheel chair and on her fixed income budget.

She can exercise her other Rights, such as voting, travel, etc. It's time to make it right.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom