Will R77 require any document when I voluntary register a handgun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • radarman

Feb 6, 2023
    Washington DC
    Interesting, the grip on mine is plastic, but other than that it’s the same gun.
    I always thought this was the easiest semi-auto I’ve ever loaded. I pull the follower down using the knob on the side of the magazine, then drop the ammo in. It is nothing like the modern guns I use.

Thank you for the photo.
    That's the same grip. I just don't have that nice emblem at the top. It hurts my arthritic thump joint holding that follower down for the last few rounds.

Interesting in that my mother always told me she simply walked into a Dart drug store in downtown Washington DC, purchased that gun and walked out with it, having no idea what she was buying. Different times.

Old-School Mark

My pronouns: Me, Myself and I.
    Jan 23, 2023
    Silver Spring
    That's the same grip. I just don't have that nice emblem at the top. It hurts my arthritic thump joint holding that follower down for the last few rounds.

Interesting in that my mother always told me she simply walked into a Dart drug store in downtown Washington DC, purchased that gun and walked out with it, having no idea what she was buying. Different times.
    I believe my father was fresh out of the Navy when he bought it. He may have even bought it during the war but I have no idea.
    I do remember being able to go to a Walmart and buy a handgun. There was a small bit of paperwork to be done but nothing else. There was no internet then, so no instant background checks. And, it was out west where open carry was legal.

cmbumps

Nov 17, 2022
    Glen Burnie
    My sister is going thru the same problem. handguns purchased for her and in anothers name. She just went thru the HQL course and will use the 77R to transfer the weapons over into her name if that's how it work.

efeng9622

Oct 10, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    If I registered my handgun but was failed, because I am not able to provide the requested document of this gun, can I still own , sell this gun or I have to donate to MD police?

efeng9622

Oct 10, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I just want to ask my question one more time, because I already put this handgun to a consignment for about three months, then I took it back.
    Although my relative bought it before 2013 , but I moved Maryland on 2017 year, so if I want to sell this gun , I think I should register it first maybe more safe than directly sell it to a FFL, I don't want get any trouble from this action ,
    Thanks.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I just want to ask my question one more time, because I already put this handgun to a consignment for about three months, then I took it back.
    Although my relative bought it before 2013 , but I moved Maryland on 2017 year, so if I want to sell this gun , I think I should register it first maybe more safe than directly sell it to a FFL, I don't want get any trouble from this action ,
    Thanks.
    Just sell it to a FFL and be done with it if you that worried. You have asked the same question in multiple threads. They have been answered. Your gun is not a priceless antique. It's a $300 item. If that bothers you enough, give it to the police.

efeng9622

Oct 10, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I think only the registration is the legal procedure for my situation, nothing else is clear. I will do it pretty soon.
    I just submitted register application form. Thanks.

Last edited:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    ^^THIS. Or perhaps proof there IS such a thing as a stupid question
    You know how sometimes new members will ask a question that has been asked and answered 100 times before? I think this is the first time that a member has asked (and had answered) the same question 100 times! LOL!

biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    Thanks.
    Sell it out of state through an FFL.

efeng9622

Oct 10, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    My application has been Not Disapproved by the Maryland State Police.
    Just reminder : the handgun can't be sold legally to a FFL without register.
    thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom