Will a violation of probation arrest disqualify for a HQL?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I'm of the thought that everyone out in public should have the same rights. If someone is a danger, keep them locked away.
    I would agree with you, except I know and see how the system functions day in and day out. Violent people are released all the time for a variety of reasons. Violent crime recidivism rates are in the mid to upper 60%, meaning that more than 60% of people that are arrested, convicted and punished for committing a violent crime WILL commit another one.

If our justice system actually held people accountable and incarcerated the violent people, then I would agree with your sentiment. Since the system does NOT do any of that, and knowing full well the potential consequences of your actions (like failing to pay $25 restitution) could result in the denial of your liberties, I'm fine with restricting the rights of convicted criminals for the betterment of society. Its far preferable to the alternative, which is to continue to restrict the rights of law abiding citizens.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Spoon is a solid guy, i think with the vague question it deserved the response.
    Violation of probation for not paying a 25 dollar restitution on time is enough to send a man to hell in your eyes.
    Spoon is a stand up guy.

The fact that the OP violated probation for not paying a $25 restitution fee tells me all I need to know about him.
    Maybe he can bottle his tears and sell them for weapon lube at $25 a bottle.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    If our justice system actually held people accountable and incarcerated the violent people, then I would agree with your sentiment. Since the system does NOT do any of that, and knowing full well the potential consequences of your actions (like failing to pay $25 restitution) could result in the denial of your liberties, I'm fine with restricting the rights of convicted criminals for the betterment of society. Its far preferable to the alternative, which is to continue to restrict the rights of law abiding citizens.
    the prob is releasing the violent criminals, in the stupid hopes that rules and laws will block them from committing more crime, doesn't work. so then they restrict the rights of everyone like you and i.

personally i think we have enough challenges in our country, that over-penalizing actual violent offenders shouldn't be one of our priorities. put and keep those f_ckers in jail and leave the rest of us alone.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The fact that you did not make restitution to the Victim of the Crime you committed says enough about your character.

The Court that judged and convicted you then granted you leniency on the condition that you made restitution to your victim to show your remorse and take responsibility for your actions

It may have been only a mere $25 but the amount is not of importance.

To accept the Court’s leniency, You gave your Word but failed to Honor your promise to the Judge and your Victim.

You have no Integrity.

You have no Honor.

Send you to Hell?

You are not worth the Powder and Shot.
    Stop dancing around and tell us what you really think . :)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    For the OP :

A common piece of advice given about potentially sensitive legal history/ issues is to the effect of " Don't ask/ tell us . ask your Lawyer " .

That said ; If one is to ask such catagory of question here . a sufficiency of details are needed to address it .

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Yikes even a lot of gun owners in here seem to support background checks and other obvious infringements. An HQL shouldn’t even exist…

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Yikes even a lot of gun owners in here seem to support background checks and other obvious infringements. An HQL shouldn’t even exist…
    You're probably mistaking a discussion about the OP's communication style and contemporary sensibilities with any sort of pleasure with the existence of the HQL. Two completely different topics, though in real life they intersect just as they are in this case.

Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Violation of probation for not paying a 25 dollar restitution on time is enough to send a man to hell in your eyes.
    And had you provided those details and no copped a 'tude for being called out, you would have recieved a reasonable answer from respected forum members.... and maybe some not as well respected but who offer opinions any chance they get....

FAFO or garbage out=garbage back

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Recommendation to the OP for some good reading: "How To Win Friends And Influence People" by Dale Carnegie.

It is an excellent guide that can teach you a lot about communication skills, and the importance of delivering on promises made.

Such skills can be helpful in all aspects of life and can be life changing for some.

I do not know you, and based upon your posts, I do not care to.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    OP seems like a chore of a human being, as are most people. I need another dog.

However, his general shiit attitude aside, the OP is presumably not a violent offender and has ostensibly kept his nose clean for most/all of his adulthood spanning 30 years. Being an asshoIe is not a good enough reason to restrict someone from firearm ownership. If one actually believes in the 2A, one believes that if you can legally own a firearm, you should be able to legally carry a firearm.

If we believe in freedom above all other things, endorsing a system that jams up an otherwise not-prohibited person in the name of making life harder on violent criminals is unacceptable.

OP, if you're interested in getting helpful knowledge/opinions as regards your particular situation, check your attitude and play nice. There are plenty of folks here happy to help you. There are also plenty of folks willing to shiit all over you because you present(ed) yourself as a jerk. Do as you please, but be neither surprised nor play victim when others perceive you exactly the way you present yourself and address you accordingly. Good luck.

Last edited:
    May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    It would be awesome if
    - The BigDawg could admit his approach was a little ham-fisted. There's a LOT to like about this forum, you can learn a lot, laugh a lot, make new friends, and enjoy hours of shit talking.
    - The name calling could stop, from all sides.
    - The piling on from the established, more longer term members could stop.

My two cent.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I don't know much from much, but I would also be concerned about the original offense being prohibiting as well. :shrug:

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    It would be awesome if
    - The BigDawg could admit his approach was a little ham-fisted. There's a LOT to like about this forum, you can learn a lot, laugh a lot, make new friends, and enjoy hours of shit talking.
    - The name calling could stop, from all sides.
    - The piling on from the established, more longer term members could stop.

My two cent.
    I think OP is actually not worth the trouble his single question has brought forth, and that if he simply "left", the forum would be none the worse...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom