• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brute

Unwitting Accomplice
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2020
    Laurel
    So I've been kicking around the idea of getting a S&W Shield EZ. Probably not anytime soon, but maybe at some point. Easier for me to rack when I'm having "bad days" due to health issues, my wife and daughter would probably benefit, whatever. I was comparing the different variants at online stores and noticed that the ones who mostly dropship (Battlehawk, Family Firearms, etc) will not ship the Performance Center model to MD. It's on the roster (for what that's worth) and the mags are only 8 rounds. Am I missing something, or is it just one of those things where the business would rather skip the sale than try to figure out what's allowed in Maryland? And has anyone ever had success "appealing" it? Figured I'd ask here before contacting one of the stores and probably getting some canned response about me needing to know the laws for where I live.
    Screenshot 2022-08-16 223712 (3).jpg
    Screenshot 2022-08-16 223742.jpg

Edit - There's no shipping restrictions at KYGunCo or PSA, who to my knowledge ship from their own inventories.

Last edited:

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    So I've been kicking around the idea of getting a S&W Shield EZ. Probably not anytime soon, but maybe at some point. Easier for me to rack when I'm having "bad days" due to health issues, my wife and daughter would probably benefit, whatever. I was comparing the different variants at online stores and noticed that the ones who mostly dropship (Battlehawk, Family Firearms, etc) will not ship the Performance Center model to MD. It's on the roster (for what that's worth) and the mags are only 8 rounds. Am I missing something, or is it just one of those things where the business would rather skip the sale than try to figure out what's allowed in Maryland? And has anyone ever had success "appealing" it? Figured I'd ask here before contacting one of the stores and probably getting some canned response about me needing to know the laws for where I live.
    View attachment 376697 View attachment 376696
    That is weird. I've seen them in stores, although not the performance center models. Although I can't imagine that would make a difference.

Brute

Unwitting Accomplice
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2020
    Laurel
    I'm sorry, I'm not looking to purchase one right now. When I am, I'll check in with the local stores. I was comparing the 31 flavors that the EZ comes in to narrow down my choices.

I'm posting because I'm trying to figure out if there was something I was missing as to why certain stores won't ship some guns to MD despite clearly not being prohibited, while others will. It's not the first time I've come across it, I just can't remember what it was I was looking at at the time. Seems odd to me that a handgun on the roster with the specific sku would be an issue.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I've been of the belief that because the US is a nation of 330 million people, whereas Maryland is a puny 6.25 million, many sellers just don't want to invest the time/money/effort to understand the laws of a state that represents about 5% of the potential market.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I've been of the belief that because the US is a nation of 330 million people, whereas Maryland is a puny 6.25 million, many sellers just don't want to invest the time/money/effort to understand the laws of a state that represents about 5% of the potential market.
    Yep - it's easier to simply avoid it altogether than to take a chance on running afoul of the maze of laws that govern firearms in this state.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Adjusted for the weaker historical gun culture , probably closer to 3% of nationwide sales .

lawdog89

Mar 23, 2012
    Germantown
    View attachment 376697 View attachment 376696
    Edit - There's no shipping restrictions at KYGunCo or PSA, who to my knowledge ship from their own inventories.
    I’ve had this issue with Battlehawk. If you send them an email about a specific item with the upc code they will lift the ban. Seems dumb but it will save you money.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Yep - it's easier to simply avoid it altogether than to take a chance on running afoul of the maze of laws that govern firearms in this state.
    My thought as well. Last handgun I had delivered from Ohio to FFL took over two weeks to transfer because of "roster". It was listed, but MSP came back on day seven it wasn't.. Then it was hurry up and wait again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom