• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EarnestT

In the hollow
    Aug 18, 2013
    Not in Maryland
    Quick. Know the Md. laws. Quick. VERY VERY fair transfer fee. Did I mention quick? Thanks Blue Fins once again.

magwell

Mar 19, 2015
    I used Blue fins a few months ago for a transfer, very reasonable fee and smooth transaction. Would definitely use them again.

Amigo109

Jan 25, 2018
    Columbia MD
    $45 for regulated, $35 for unregulated and you have to pay the $10 MSP background check on top of that.

http://www.bluefinsbait.com/services.html

Question. I see the fee for unregulated is $35. You only need to do that if buying from someone out of state and they want to ship it to you right?

In-state purchase of unregulated long guns doesn't require any paper work between private parties that I know of. Idk why you can buy that long gun hassle free from a private party but have to fill out paperwork and pay extra fees from a retail outlet.

It also makes no sense to me where the seller is from. I know it's the law but it baffles me as to what it matters whether you bought it from a local person or someone in another state.

UNregulated is sounding pretty regulated to my ears.

squaregrouper

6.5 Man Bun
    MDS Supporter
    Question. I see the fee for unregulated is $35. You only need to do that if buying from someone out of state and they want to ship it to you right?

In-state purchase of unregulated long guns doesn't require any paper work between private parties that I know of. Idk why you can buy that long gun hassle free from a private party but have to fill out paperwork and pay extra fees from a retail outlet.

It also makes no sense to me where the seller is from. I know it's the law but it baffles me as to what it matters whether you bought it from a local person or someone in another state.

UNregulated is sounding pretty regulated to my ears.

As long as both can legally purchase an unregulated firearm in MD, this is correct. If you are the seller, I highly recommend a simple bill of sale including: name, DL #, make, model and SN of firearm and the buyer writing they can legally own the firearm.

hi3cho

Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    Great shop, I will be heading in on Friday to start a transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Randy S

Latest threads

Top Bottom