Why Are Sig365 Mag Pouches Hard to Find?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I think you're right, a packing peanut is probably a poor choice.

My concern with tissue is that it would break down and foul the mag. I guess packing peanuts would do the same thing.

How about 2 or 3 folded up cleaning patches? I'm sure you have a few of those lying around. :)

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Sneaky Pete sells Magazine Cases for the P365 in several different styles and price ranges.

Magazine Pocket Protector​

Nylon Magazine Pocket Protector​

Magazine Cover​

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    I ordered a couple from We The People holsters when I ordered the holster. Being lefty, I assumed it worldview arrive until we move to MD. Will report back when I have them in hand to test.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

danimalw

Ultimate Member
    As others have posted, lots of options. Here's what I use to carry spare 15r for my 365

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221001-142000.png
      Screenshot_20221001-142000.png
      125 KB · Views: 50

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Or a couple sticks of Dentyn type gum.

You never know when you might want that minty fresh breath after a CQB encounter.

I used to chew sugarless gum that came in those small pieces like Dentyne used to. I never drop trash and always put the wrappers in my pocket. I blew a rapid fire stage at one of the sniper matches because my AICS mag picked up one of those balled-up wrappers and it fed into the rifle action, tying things up.

I solved that problem by not putting trash in my pockets anymore, but I could see pocket lint, etc. getting into the mag. I think I'd rather use a carrier on my belt vs pocketing an open mag.
    This was what we were trying to avoid.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I bought these cheap things a few years ago and I really like them.
    Elastic enough for 1911, PPS, Hellcat and LCP magazines. Should work same for P365.
    Sleeves perfectly on 1.5 inch belt and frees up pocket space.

MOTAIN Horizontal Magazine... Amazon product ASIN B09WF21CRZ

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I have a Mitch Rosen '5M' leather mag carrier that fits correctly, if not a little too tight (but it's new). Carries any of the P365 mags vertically. I like this carrier because it keeps the mag high on the belt and out of the way of pocket access.

I have a horizontal mag carrier by 'MagHolder.Com' that also fits most of the P365 mags I have just fine, but some are very tight. This could be remedied by a little sandpaper without causing retention problems because retention is via a metal clip that engages the mag's retention slot. I'm not crazy about it because it takes up a lot of belt space and my 31" waist doesn't allow for a spot to put it where it doesn't obstruct pocket access.

The mag carrier from HBE Leatherworks that I bought a few years back for my CZ mags also fits the P365 mags fine. I like this carrier because it rides high and has a forward rake. The P365 mags are a little too tight, but because I want to continue using it for the CZ mags, I don't want to 'break it in'/stretch it out to fit the P365's.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I’m in the camp who pocket carry the spare, it just isn’t that cumbersome in a pocket. I pull the rounds and clean it occasionally.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Now that you mention it, those little rectangular pieces from a Hershey bar would probably fit perfectly.

M&Ms melt in your mouth, not in your mag pouch.

(First introduced in WWII as chocolate ration for soldiers.)

I’m in the camp who pocket carry the spare, it just isn’t that cumbersome in a pocket. I pull the rounds and clean it occasionally.

That's why I wanted to find that Ammo Armor I saw once before.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    These will help keep them clean:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom