who to move a safe in Montgomery County?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    So I have a deal on a used big gun safe about 1000 - 1500lbs as a guess about 40" x 27" x 72" tall.
    Who should I call to get it moved from Silver Spring to Rockville? No stairs but big and heavy

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    So I have a deal on a used big gun safe about 1000 - 1500lbs as a guess about 40" x 27" x 72" tall.
    Who should I call to get it moved from Silver Spring to Rockville? No stairs but big and heavy
    My experience is that you're going to have to call around, and pay a lot - $500+, and that's the low end.

You can do it yourself with your buddies, but if something goes wrong, you're the one holding the bag liability-wise. More than I'd want to deal with, personally.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Neighbor paid ~$500 to have one moved into his house from the driveway where it was delivered, but that was about 10 years ago.

It's like moving a piano, less about the distance traveled and more about where it has to go coming out of one person's house and into your home.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    The moving company we have hired told me they would only move my 3 safes if I had someone else move them from my walk-out basement into my garage. Additionally they said that once they arrived at the new house, it would be my responsibility to move them from where they came off the truck to wherever I wanted them.

I have Carolina Safes from Waldorf coming out tomorrow to move them into the garage. They have one of those battery powered, articulating dollies. I have no idea what they will charge - I really don't have much choice but to pay them.

At the new house I plan to use the bucket on the Kabota to move them to the basement door and roll them on sections of PVC pipe to where I will bolt them down again.

Screen Shot 2023-09-05 at 5.11.40 PM.png

JRSMD

Sep 4, 2013
    Derwood
    Call Liberty Lock and Security in Rockville. They are excellent at moving large safes. They sell safes as well so they move them often.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    The moving company we have hired told me they would only move my 3 safes if I had someone else move them from my walk-out basement into my garage. Additionally they said that once they arrived at the new house, it would be my responsibility to move them from where they came off the truck to wherever I wanted them.

I have Carolina Safes from Waldorf coming out tomorrow to move them into the garage. They have one of those battery powered, articulating dollies. I have no idea what they will charge - I really don't have much choice but to pay them.

At the new house I plan to use the bucket on the Kabota to move them to the basement door and roll them on sections of PVC pipe to where I will bolt them down again.

View attachment 446741
    I would have Carolina Safes just take them to the new house inless its out of state. They delivered my safe in my garage, brought it in on a palate jack off a truck with a lift gate.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I would have Carolina Safes just take them to the new house inless its out of state. They delivered my safe in my garage, brought it in on a palate jack off a truck with a lift gate.
    I would but I am moving 900 mile west of here. lol

They delivered two of my three all the way into the basement where I bolted them down. They have that routine down to a science.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Done. $400. Took about 30 minutes.
    Moved three from walk-out basement around the back of the house so the movers can take them out of the garage in a couple weeks.

You have to excuse the clutter in the garage - it’s half full of boxes and bubble wrap.
    IMG_3526.jpeg
    IMG_3528.jpeg

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Trepang so no more fish Charters?
    Not for me. I sold my guide license last week and when my captains license expire, I don’t plan on renewing it.

I am maintaining my half ownership but will be a silent partner at a reduced share.

I’ll still be chasing fish but from a 19’ Jon boat instead of a 46 Markley. A lot of crappie lakes where we are headed.

Looking forward to a much more relaxed lifestyle and zero pressure fishing.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    Not for me. I sold my guide license last week and when my captains license expire, I don’t plan on renewing it.

I am maintaining my half ownership but will be a silent partner at a reduced share.

I’ll still be chasing fish but from a 19’ Jon boat instead of a 46 Markley. A lot of crappie lakes where we are headed.

Looking forward to a much more relaxed lifestyle and zero pressure fishing.
    I hear you. I wish you the best at your new place. Yes you will have plenty of lake and reservoir fishing and nice to have a 19 footer. Mine is 16 and gets me about anywhere. Good luck.

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    My experience is that you're going to have to call around, and pay a lot - $500+, and that's the low end.
    I had a similar sized safe moved by a member from here.

Knowing what I paid, I think 500 is low value.

A very low value…

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    just as a data point in florida, $200 to deliver a safe to your curbside, and then $250 to go up one flight of exterior stairs and into the condo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom