• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Longhorse

MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tritium sights let you see your sights, flashlights let you see your target. Take yourself out of the dark alley and put yourself in the stairway of your dark house (I know you didn't turn the lights on when you heard that sound, why lose your advantage.) Kid from next door is drunk and walked into the wrong house and is stumbling around your entryway because someone moved all the furniture. Turns toward you with something in his hand....

Do you want to see your sights or your target (which incidentally let's you see your sights.) I am sure a lot are thinking it's his fault, he shouldn't have been drunk, come into my house, etc. The reality is still going to hit you. Lawsuit and guilt is a rough combination.

I want to be able to see both. If someone is inside their house, they can grab a flashlight (it doesn't have to be on the gun). Having a flashlight separate from the gun can also be helpful because then you can illuminate something without also pointing a gun at it.

CrabbyTurtle

Dec 23, 2020
    2A First
    Glock 43X with XS Sights 3-Dot Tritium Night Sights
    (2) Shield 15's, one with a (+5) extension
    DeSantis Gunhide Slim Tuk Inside the Pants Holster at 3 o'clock
    Spare mag holster at 2:55.
    KORE Tac or Leather Belt
    Carry Flashlight
    Carry Knife
    Bedside Firearms have mounted lights.
    Got some training in and plan on more.

2AUSA

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    Couldn't mount on P228 so just optic on this. No need for light/laser on a carry gun. Home/range guns are a different story.

wc-jpg.372171

Last edited:
    Apr 10, 2020
    I'm running a holosun on everything these days. I've become a big fan of optics. I do notice it doesn't hurt to wipe off the lens once a week or so as lint seems to build up on it. But, really you don't need to be able to see through it much to use it effectively. Look into training with a occluded dot.

Right now I'm carrying a CZ P-01 with 407k and a TLR7. I also dropped in a extended FP to aid reliability, reamed the chamber and replaced the hammer spring with a little bit lighter one.

The TLR7 really isn't needed, but the side car holster I'm using is comfortable and I don't want to buy another one for no light lol. I will use the gun like this in IDPA matches as a WML is a massive advantage when it comes to shooting in the dark. It's just pretty unlikely I'll ever need to shoot in total darkness outside of a competition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    82peterbilt

Latest threads

Top Bottom