• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Supposedly there are some loose ends that need to be tied up and they will be adding a handful of rifle models to the banned list.

If you ever think you're going to want an AR-10, you better go get at least the lower in the very near future.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    With regards to updating the banned list, not that I am aware of. I work for Delegate Smigiel in his office in Annapolis and will find out for sure. Will there be bills to fix problems and hopefully reverse some issues? Yes.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    We need to push back to have some removed. Namely the M1A. It's 4 feet long and weighs 12 pounds. Not what I'd call an assault weapon.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    We need to push back to have some removed. Namely the M1A. It's 4 feet long and weighs 12 pounds. Not what I'd call an assault weapon.

I keep my M1A chained up. If my kids get near it, sometimes it lunges at them.

CJB762

Jul 5, 2012
    I don't think it's a matter of if they add to the list. I'm my opinion it's just a matter of when. They already know they missed a bunch. They will never stop.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I am becoming more and more suspect of the "add ons" and attempts to further take our rights. It is a win-win for the liars...I mean liberals. If they get it, our rights are trimmed even further and the 2A community will once again panic and go on a spending spree generating hundreds of thousands in tax revenue. If they do not succeed, the 2A community will panic and go on a spending spree generating hundreds of thousands in tax revenue. Don't believe for a second that they have not calculated the revenue made by the federal attempts and state based attempts at our rights.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    I am becoming more and more suspect of the "add ons" and attempts to further take our rights. It is a win-win for the liars...I mean liberals. If they get it, our rights are trimmed even further and the 2A community will once again panic and go on a spending spree generating hundreds of thousands in tax revenue. If they do not succeed, the 2A community will panic and go on a spending spree generating hundreds of thousands in tax revenue. Don't believe for a second that they have not calculated the revenue made by the federal attempts and state based attempts at our rights.

Maybe the Democrats and Republicans are working together to increase tax dollars...LOL

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Let's hope they don't go after HBAR's during this session. 2014 has the potential to become a perfect example of "incrementalism".

engine42410

Sep 9, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Do anybody know which make and model of the rifles that will be added to SB281 banned list? Is there any hope for the state of maryland or has all hope been lost?
    I guess within the next five years or less, our rights to own a pistol and revolver will be long gone as well, thanks to our elected offical's.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

There is a big jump from "becoming aware" to "submitting a bill to ban."

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    With regards to updating the banned list, not that I am aware of. I work for Delegate Smigiel in his office in Annapolis and will find out for sure. Will there be bills to fix problems and hopefully reverse some issues? Yes.

That would be great.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Do anybody know which make and model of the rifles that will be added to SB281 banned list? Is there any hope for the state of maryland or has all hope been lost?
    I guess within the next five years or less, our rights to own a pistol and revolver will be long gone as well, thanks to our elected offical's.

There is no list of rifles to be added, currently this is hearsay.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    The list wasn't touched since it was put up in 1994. In fact it had at least two rifles on it that WERE NEVER MADE.

I doubt they are going to touch the list or change the ban feature list any time soon. They simply DO NOT CARE as much as we think. They got their "ban" and their talking point and O'Malley can move on to his next liberal agenda movement.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The list wasn't touched since it was put up in 1994. In fact it had at least two rifles on it that WERE NEVER MADE.

I doubt they are going to touch the list or change the ban feature list any time soon. They simply DO NOT CARE as much as we think. They got their "ban" and their talking point and O'Malley can move on to his next liberal agenda movement.

I agree entirely.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    There is no list of rifles to be added, currently this is hearsay.

Thanks for the information.

So no rifles will be banned this session?

As you can imagine, it is highly plausible in this state. Maybe the source misunderstood.

Personally, I still think it's going to happen.

If the comment is deemed hearsay, I will remove the Delegates name.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Point of fact, the list was actually updated in 1994, the original 29 items were listed in 1989.

And I agree, they have their list and I think we (as a group) worry about it more than they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom