• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    How do the 1943 M44's stack up? I know they are more desirable as collector items, but my guess is they would be the roughest yet since they are pre-issue models. I have shot my 43 once, but it has gone back into the safe never to be shot again.

If you can find an ORIGINAL 1943 with a hex receiver, then you have found a very rare rifle as it was probably a prototype or very small production run piece.

The problem with most 43's is that they are re-builds. Just like 99% of all Russian Mosins out there. IMO, a refurbed Russian anything will never be a true collectors item. I don't care what sellers, dealers, and wholesalers tell people. Grinding off old/mismatched bolt numbers and re-stamping them or electro-penciling the bolts with receiver numbers is not an original and matching firearm.

People refuse to believe that they are better off looking at other nation's M44s for truly collectible pieces. Hungarian, Romanian, Polish, and Chinese T53. These countries did not put their guns through a refurb program and an original/all matching gun is a very rare find indeed.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I have a Polish and Romanian M44 that are near mint. They are really nice firearms, for real. I got the Romanian for $260 at Shooter's Discount a year or so ago. Got the Polish one there too, but had to pay more. Mint Poles go for $600-$700 on GunBroker.

At the Gettysburg show earlier this year, I scored a primo 1945 M44 for $280. I don't think the seller even thought anything of the year until I made a fuss over it. Then he prolly thought he sold it too cheap :D

cestrella13

Cosmoline Dreams
    Mar 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Late to the party; I own both a M44 and a T53. Personally, I feel my T53 shoots better; the M44 I have is a refurb and probably hasn't seen any action outside of the range time I put in lol..

If you want a collectors piece, do some research; so far, a lot of good info in this thread. I use sites like 7.62x54r.net to give me a sense of direction. If you get into it, you will know a lot soon anyhow lol.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    For $99 grab a T53 from SOG, clean it up and shoot the hell out of it. Then, take your time and Find an nice numbers matching 1945/6/7/8 M44 Best of both worlds.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I have a really nice non-refurb 1946, but I don't even shoot it. It's near mint and I don't want to put any wear on it just yet.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I would really love to have both plus a 91/30 but a few things are hampering me.
    1: Im getting married next month so funds are being directed towards rings and a small reception (nothing big or fancy for rings or reception).
    2: Replacing roof on our house so we can put it on the market.
    3: I dont have a C&R license so I cant get the great deals some of you get. If anyone is willing to get me a decent 91/30 and T53 and sell it to me at cost, please pm me.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I would really love to have both plus a 91/30 but a few things are hampering me.
    1: Im getting married next month so funds are being directed towards rings and a small reception (nothing big or fancy for rings or reception).
    2: Replacing roof on our house so we can put it on the market.
    3: I dont have a C&R license so I cant get the great deals some of you get. If anyone is willing to get me a decent 91/30 and T53 and sell it to me at cost, please pm me.
    Spend $30 and get your C&R.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Spend $30 and get your C&R.

If he can hear you back in 2014 tell him to buy as many Mosins as possible.

Also buy up all the 9mm and 5.56 ammo he can find in 2019 so he can sell it in mid 2020 for three times as much.

;)

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    If he can hear you back in 2014 tell him to buy as many Mosins as possible.

Also buy up all the 9mm and 5.56 ammo he can find in 2019 so he can sell it in mid 2020 for three times as much.

;)
    My post was to the recent readers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom