• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    That's good news and 3 weeks is fine. My only concern was the surcharge plus online fee added to the $25. If they're effectively doubling the price for the two of us, I'll gladly enjoy a leisurely day trip to York.
    Not doubling. Total fee is $25. The surcharge shown on the DCSO home page is for when the Sherrif's office has to serve papers/warrants/etc. not for processing a W&C permit.

No.4buck

Jul 11, 2019
    Capital Region
    I got the az permit first, before bruen and therefore before my md wear amd carry. I notice nobody really ever talks about az permits here? That is another great option like UT since it gets you delaware and other states. My third permit was the dc permit, as I go there everyday. My fourth was the pa non resident. I never go there but its nice to have in case. Finally, i am looking into a fl nr permit. I never go to fl either but for the same reason as getting the pa nr, i want the fl nr.

Id also be interested in ny, nj, and ma permits, along with other northeastern state permits. I again never really go to those states but who knows, id like to be able to carry if/when i go to a place like boston or nyc.

Bigsawer

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2017
    Cecil
    Not doubling. Total fee is $25. The surcharge shown on the DCSO home page is for when the Sherrif's office has to serve papers/warrants/etc. not for processing a W&C permit.
    Thank you. I hadn't seen that breakdown of fees discussed with York and Adams so I thought it was another beast altogether

Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    I live in MD and work in VA.
    Since now I have my MD W&C, do I need to get VA permit too, or does VA recognize my MD permit?
    Also, should I get the PA or DC next? I go to DC a few times a year to go around sight seeing around national mall and go to PA a few times a year to visit in laws.
    Any suggestion would be appreciated.
    PA is cheap, easy , and quick. I personally would get that one next since you do go there on occasion. Of couse for me, its a simple choice because I live 5 minutes from the PA line so Im there frequently.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I used to have a NV permit because I have friends in Vegas. It was a giant pain in the ass because you are required to take the class in NV.

Then NV started honoring AZ. I got my AZ permit and dropped my NV permit.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    VA honors all permits

If you go to DC to see monuments, don’t bother. Carry is allowed on the mall but not in monuments

No.4buck

Jul 11, 2019
    Capital Region
    Mall ok. Monuments not ok

Capitol grounds not ok either
    Thanks much. Do you know how its prohibited to carry between 15th and 17th, constitution ave and h st? Aka the rectangle around the white house. Would you know if I can I walk along the part of those streets that make up that rectangle, but just not the area between, i.e. inside the rectangle? I should have asked the folks when I submitted my concealed carry permit for dc but totally forgot to.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I’ll find the actual street layout. You cannot carry on the south side of H Street or along the ellipse. I’ll find the list

From MPD web site

1. The area around the White House ( between Constitution Ave. and H St. and between 15th St. and 17th St. NW)
    I believe you can only be on the sidewalk on the farthest side of the border streets.

Restrictions for National Observatory as well

No.4buck

Jul 11, 2019
    Capital Region
    I’ll find the actual street layout. You cannot carry on the south side of H Street or along the ellipse. I’ll find the list

From MPD web site

1. The area around the White House ( between Constitution Ave. and H St. and between 15th St. and 17th St. NW)
    I believe you can only be on the sidewalk on the farthest side of the border streets.

Restrictions for National Observatory as well
    Gotcha gotcha, thanks much!!

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    Was approved today for my PA permit (Delaware Cty).
    18 days from submission to approval.
    No appointment needed, 8:30 - 4:00 Mon - Fri for pickup.

ETA: Picked up today, 12/19. Parking is HORRENDOUS! Once in took about 5 minutes start to finish.

Last edited:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Looks like we’re overloading Adams County :rofl:

9CFCC9A9-D9B1-421D-9712-008B6E9099B7.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads