• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I have AZ because NV recognizes them. Just provide NRA pistol cert, prints, and send them money

Last edited:

rossiski

Dec 28, 2019
    Carroll County
    Utah classes available everywhere , reasonably priced , and actually a good class .

And $10 renewals every 5 years are a good thing .
    Thank you. ME is 4 years $20 renewal but no additional classes needed. The MD class counts for the training requirement. Not as many states reciprocity as Utah but I’m really only worried about DE so I might try this route.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    This is correct, by the end of this year there may not be a FL permit any more. That makes AZ more valuable. Like FL, AZ recognizes MD training.
    No state tha has adopted CC has scrapped their permit system. I don’t expect FL to be any different

Bigsawer

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2017
    Cecil
    Delaware County Sheriff in Media, PA does NR permits. Apply on line and pick up in person. Not far from the Bucks county area.
    As I'm in Cecil County, this was closer to me. At this moment, you can apply online. STARTING APRIL 1ST, all non-resident applications must be made IN PERSON. That means 2 trips to the office.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    soooo... I have the "usual 4" carry permits. I have plugged them into the USCCA app to generate a map telling me where I am legal. I plan to travel by car in a few years and was wondering if there is a tool (phone app) which would tell me which of my permits are valid in each state. I envision me fumbling about on the side of the road in ... colorado trying to descipher which permit to present to LEO.

Absent such a tool I would probably go to handgunlaw.us as a part of my trip planning, write out in order the states I am traveling through, and list which of my permit(s) each state honors.

(oh its such a first world problem ;) )

LAC_MD

Oct 18, 2022
    Towson
    Thank you. ME is 4 years $20 renewal but no additional classes needed. The MD class counts for the training requirement. Not as many states reciprocity as Utah but I’m really only worried about DE so I might try this route.
    For $20 for 4 years I might as well.. Do you know if the recertification qualifies or just the initial 16 hours?

Maki

Jun 11, 2020
    Odenton
    Since this is still fairly active, just got my FL today. Was mailed out March 2nd with my Utah. Pretty good turn around, class told us it would take them 90 days. Guess they pushed to get people through with the new legislation.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    I just walked in and walked out of Bedford in 4mins on Wednesday, seriously.
    One thing that I do not remember seeing posted on the Bedford county Sheriff's website, was that they go to lunch 12-1pm, with last permit before lunch to be started by 11:45am....I walked in at 11:30 luckily and was out at my truck strapping on 4mins later.
    Having filled out the application and printed out before I got there helped.
    Read and understand your PA carry laws, but I will say for information purposes only there is no security to get into the court house or the Sheriff's office within the court house. There is a parking garage next door, but plenty of on-street parking too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom