• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FakeID

Aug 5, 2022
    AACo Maryland
    I have a friend moving to town with a Desert Eagle 50AE and some other fun toys. He offered to supply ammo for a range day if I can suggest a place where he can shoot the 50AE- apparently he has had issues finding a place to go. Im in AA Co. but i don't mind traveling an hour or so to a comfortable range. Any recommendations?

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I have never heard of a range not allowing pistol calibers. Agc,Caroll county landfill,machine gun nest...others I'm sure will chime in with one's even closer

FakeID

Aug 5, 2022
    AACo Maryland
    I have never heard of a range not allowing pistol calibers. Agc,Caroll county landfill,machine gun nest...others I'm sure will chime in with one's even closer
    I have not heard of it being a problem either but trying to plan ahead. Thanks for the suggestions

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    A friend of mine rented a 50AE Desert Eagle at the Machine Gun Nest in Frederick MD if I remember correctly so presumably they allow it. I don't work there though so you would want to call. But that is probably close to an hour drive and I prefer outdoor ranges personally. Possibly Hap Baker in Westminster? I am not seeing anything in the rules after a quick glance but again you might want to call first.

FakeID

Aug 5, 2022
    AACo Maryland
    A friend of mine rented a 50AE Desert Eagle at the Machine Gun Nest in Frederick MD if I remember correctly so presumably they allow it. I don't work there though so you would want to call. But that is probably close to an hour drive and I prefer outdoor ranges personally. Possibly Hap Baker in Westminster? I am not seeing anything in the rules after a quick glance but again you might want to call first.
    thank you for helping to narrowing down the list

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    .50 AE is less stressful on backstops than .44 mag , so pretty much any pistol suitable range .

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Mg best in frederick, md arsenal in hagerstown for indoor. I do my shooting in pa and wv so beyond knowing those two don't care I can't suggest anything closer to you.

jokie

May 27, 2020
    A in AA
    Cindy's Hot Shots: They have a Desert Eagle 50AE for rent. Pretty sure they would allow someone else to bring the same gun to shoot at their range.

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    Cindy's Hot Shot in Glen Burnie. I have done 50 AE and even full auto there. You can hit Chaps for a pit beef around the corner too.

FakeID

Aug 5, 2022
    AACo Maryland
    Cindy's Hot Shots: They have a Desert Eagle 50AE for rent. Pretty sure they would allow someone else to bring the same gun to shoot at their range.

Cindy's Hot Shot in Glen Burnie. I have done 50 AE and even full auto there. You can hit Chaps for a pit beef around the corner too.

oh man thats close too.. ive never looked at their rental guns so had no idea- Shooting this one to the top of my list. Thanks

Chaps is pretty good but FAKEID's pitt beef brings all the girls to the yard.

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    If I am free, I can bring my 50 and you can shoot two handed, if you dare.....
    Maybe even the snubby 44 with the 2 3/4" barrel

FakeID

Aug 5, 2022
    AACo Maryland
    If cowboy action shooting is allowing two-fisted DE/50AE shooting, I might get interested in it. I shot one once back in the late 90's. Rounds were a buck a piece. I can't imagine what they cost today. Well I could go to AmmoSeek and look...
    LOL! They can call that corner cowboy action shooting.
    I asked about ammo price and he said its comparable to rifle rounds- about $2/round.
    I heard the owners of Cindy's bought On Target on 175 near the fort. Not sure what the status is.
    I haven't heard that but wish them the best of luck if so- Ill stop in this weekend and ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom