• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Afdiesel

Mar 7, 2013
    Middletown
    I've always heard that the Zytel mags for the M-11 were very problematic and unreliable. I just picked up my first shooter, SWD M-11, 9MM yesterday, go out to the farm, try to load a magazine and every bullet pops out of the lips of the mag. Is it possible that I got a mag for a .40 caliber? I knew about the feeding issues with the Zytel, but never heard of them not being able to even be loaded.
    What options are out there short of a mag well conversion? Does anybody make a steel option? I've seen metal lip repair kits from I think it was Lage? What's the best option from those with MAC experience?

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I only use metal mags in my M10 and M11A1's. I had some Zytels for an M11 semi years ago (Ok, decades), and they were hit or miss for me.

Try USMachinegun for some metal mags.

http://usmachinegun.com/proddetail.php?prod=M11ZMG-02

Recon Ordinance also used to make metal mags.

Na, don't get them. They over insert and bend ejector rods. I have probably spent $50 or more dealing with this issue.

I suggest the Shockwave metal mags.

http://shockwavetechnologies.com/site/?page_id=1780

If you do decide to do some Recon Ordnance mags, I have two RO mag parts kits (need assembly out of state) for sale. I also have 5 or 6 OEM mag parts kits for sale. I suggest getting the Shockwave mags but the RO I have do run 100% on my gun. You just have the issue I mentioned above. The OEM are fairly crappy but do work. I will beat any price on the mag parts kits I have to sell.

cogcon

COGCON
    MDS Supporter
    jsut picked up my M11/9 last week and had 3 recon ord metal mags shipped to family out of state a few months back just waiting for this happy moment. much to my chagrin, none of the 3 will lock in...the cut outs look to low. any advice?

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Zmag is the only viable option. I disposed of my zytels, recon ord and RPB new production mags. No comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom