When Bill Maher complains about crime....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    This.

Give no quarter to the left's b*tches that got us here.

He was the darling of the left and now that its moved beyond him, he's suddenly "a voice a reason"? I don't think so.
    Someone almost the polar opposite of you can make good points from time to time. I give the guy credit for going against the grain on some issues and making good points.

I wouldn’t trust him or say I’m a fan.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Once passed, no going back.
    Patriot Act my arse. GOVERNMENT (pols and bureaucrats) salivated over their newfound power. Now they’ve solidified that and taken even more. Citizens are not. Taxpayers (fund sources) and prison chaff are.

They even passed the use of secret evidence which was on Bill Clinton’s wishlist but Congress refused to give him. In an emergency or time of crisis the Constitution and its amendments and limits on governmental power become more important than ever. All kinds of liberty restrictions get enacted in the rush to “do something”…that’s how we got the Executive Order to intern Americans in WWII simply due to their heritage and confiscate their property. The Supreme Court even approved that.

Unchecked power is anathema to liberty…the Republicans in Congress forget that and the Democrats take full advantage of it.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Once passed, no going back.
    Patriot Act my arse. GOVERNMENT (pols and bureaucrats) salivated over their newfound power. Now they’ve solidified that and taken even more. Citizens are not. Taxpayers (fund sources) and prison chaff are.
    Yeah, as soon as I heard how they named it, I knew we were screwed.

Also, "Homeland" Security has a very bizarre feel to it. It has echoes in extremist regime propaganda. It too moved the needle on my tyranny meter.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    All of the expected concerns with the potential Homeland Security have come home to roost.

…parsing Liberty and freedom under the guise of increased security was one of the founders’ chief concerns. Looks like they were pretty darned smart after all.

Posse Commitatus was and is a thing…first to be called out and documented; now, more recently, to be ignored and shat upon.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    When the Comintern Act er, I mean, Patriot Act was unveiled, thinkers immediately KNEW what it was a portent of; the huge red flag title was all you needed to clue you in. Unfortunately, the sheeple mob said the thinkers were "right wing conspiracy theorists". Things never change and Joe America gets duped over and over again. Whip em' up into a frenzy of fear/emotion. Then you can do whatever you like and they'll even ask for more. Many times the " highly educated" (read best indoctrinated) fall for it the worst of all and they become dogmatic about the lie, thus making the smokescreen even thicker. It's the oldest trick in the tyrant's bag.

Last edited:

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Just wait till the end to see his real concern. His real concern appears that a "law and order" type person is going to go very far when the average person is aware of the crime.

Anotherpyr

Ultimate Member
    Maybe I’m an outlier but I didn’t see what was funny about what Bill Maher was saying. So the laugh track stood out to me. I couldn’t help but think that laughing at the problem instead of being concerned by it might just be the real problem.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    I think people misunderstand the video. It wasn't funny. He did not mean it to be. There were parts of it that were funny, but overall the point was even he thinks crime is out of control.

You should also see his videos with Ben Shapiro. You would be surprised how often they agree.

Just wait till the end to see his real concern. His real concern appears that a "law and order" type person is going to go very far when the average person is aware of the crime.
    Exactly, near the end he talks about how powerful the "law and order" message is. Its a warning, to Democrats, to get their shit together. Which they wont.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    People CAN be of different mindset than you and still be right or partially right. Once you forget that, right or left you are pretty much the problem. Unfortunately now days people want to be more right than the next guy, and forgets opinions are just that.

WeldonHunter

Apr 27, 2011
    Louisiana
    And if people, not government but PEOPLE, took real steps to fix what's wrong, he'd be the first to scream that THEY are the problem. He's scum, pure and simple. Look under the hood and you'll realize, people like him are a large part of how we got here in the first place.

This.

Give no quarter to the left's b*tches that got us here.

He was the darling of the left and now that its moved beyond him, he's suddenly "a voice a reason"? I don't think so.
    I was going to quote Combloc and say "This /\" but whistlersmother beat me to it right under his post but expanded it with something else I absolutely agree with. The left has been and is still relentless in their pursuit and implementation of tyranny under the guise of "fairness and equality" ie equity with their fundamental change. I have no want or need to be sympathetic to any of them now. I used to like Maher 20 or 30 years ago but the further down this rabbit hole we went the harder it was to still agree with him.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    It’s not his views. He has writers and just reading a script. Who knows what his true stance is. I m sure everything he does and says that involves politics is to benefit him and his show.

Look at Hollywood, most go woke, political when there is an audience. I like to see BM come to a political rally at a high school in western Maryland or similar places.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    It’s not his views. He has writers and just reading a script. Who knows what his true stance is. I m sure everything he does and says that involves politics is to benefit him and his show.

Look at Hollywood, most go woke, political when there is an audience. I like to see BM come to a political rally at a high school in western Maryland or similar places.
    He had a Sunday conversation with Ben Shapiro and he seems pretty much where he is on his show, maybe not as snarky but his views as he says, "I haven't changed but the other liberals have changed."

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy

No, I'm pretty sure those are his views.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    No, I'm pretty sure those are his views.
    Well he is about to be canceled soon. Maybe this will be the perfect example of how peoples political views are formed. His audience who are very far left, will buy into BM views and start changing their. We all know 99% are followers, and the 1% set tge tone

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Well he is about to be canceled soon. Maybe this will be the perfect example of how peoples political views are formed. His audience who are very far left, will buy into BM views and start changing their. We all know 99% are followers, and the 1% set tge tone
    He is literally cancel proof. As much of an ******* he is his whole career is based on getting under people's skin. ABC tried cancelling him back in the 90s only for him to land the HBO gig using the same format and making it R-Rated.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    He had a Sunday conversation with Ben Shapiro and he seems pretty much where he is on his show, maybe not as snarky but his views as he says, "I haven't changed but the other liberals have changed."

There are a TON of people that normally would be considered liberal, or more so center libertarian that were left behind when the Dems hitched their wagon to the woke/CRS commie totalitarian insanity. Seems as the party moves away from the Neocon party, and the political right seems to be the champion of rights more and more. Lots of people stuck in the middle that might support gun rights, gay marriage and drug legalization, and oppose income tax increases, corporate tax breaks and military interventionalist policies tend to be moving to the right, despite not really changing on things. Typically the side that is more open minded, more truly tolerant, and more inclined to let people do what they want, even if they don't agree with it will get support from people that you might not expect.
    im-535576.jpeg

Last edited:

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    There are a TON of people that normally would be considered liberal, or more so center libertarian that were left behind when the Dems hitched their wagon to the woke/CRS commie totalitarian insanity. Seems as the party moves away from the Neocon party, and the political right seems to be the champion of rights more and more. Lots of people stuck in the middle that might support gun rights, gay marriage and drug legalization, and oppose income tax increases, corporate tax breaks and military interventionalist policies tend to be moving to the right, despite not really changing on things. Typically the side that is more open minded, more truly tolerant, and more inclined to let people do what they want, even if they don't agree with it will get support from people that you might not expect.
    View attachment 366801
    Yeah he has gotten flack from other liberals because he is on friendly terms with Ben Shapiro. His politics suck and he can be condescending but he does like to conversate and hear from the other side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom