When Bill Maher complains about crime....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    He's quite liberal, but he doesn't seem to be nearly as radical as the rest of the Hollyweird elites have gone. He at least has the ability to see the extreme absurdity and is willing to speak against it some.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Agree. I’ve been impressed with some of his recent opinions. He sees the dangers in the groupthink. That’s how we get totalitarianism.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    I'm glad Bill has called a spade a spade lately, but he mocked us for years when we warned about what we are suffering thru today.

From the interviews I've watched of him, he still doesn't really accept responsibility for how we got here and the policies and people he supported. He thinks all of this is spontaneous and "what happened? I've always been moderate and you guys went far left!"

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I really think it is about how left the leftist went, once they got into tyranny, they got his attention otherwise he would be the same Maher.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    He's quite liberal, but he doesn't seem to be nearly as radical as the rest of the Hollyweird elites have gone. He at least has the ability to see the extreme absurdity and is willing to speak against it some.
    Yeah, he’s not totally blinded by lib-think like we so often see. However, watching that, my wife and I didn’t laugh once. It‘s not funny.

Last edited:

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I'm glad Bill has called a spade a spade lately, but he mocked us for years when we warned about what we are suffering thru today.

From the interviews I've watched of him, he still doesn't really accept responsibility for how we got here and the policies and people he supported. He thinks all of this is spontaneous and "what happened? I've always been moderate and you guys went far left!"

Who is responsible for how we got here? In a way we all are. There is plenty of blame around but I’ll say Hollywood’s business is to broker your valuable time to anyone willing to pay. That for profit business is just selling what people will pay for. Now from a Bill Maher standpoint I do think he has always been a moderate leftist. That’s different that being a moderate who leans left. He’s also correct to point out that the party has indeed moved far left and abandoned many of the moderates in the party. For that matter many republicans and conservatives have moved left too.

What is important is that someone is actually pointing out that extreme far left thinking, broadly applied to the real world problems of Homelessness, Crime, Poverty and disparity do nothing to actually solve those social issues, and as evidenced by real data, cause the problems to get worse. Does this mean he (and those who think like him) will somehow just turn republican Or conservative? No way, he’a just trying to push the political party he is beholden to, away from the cliff.

As a conservative, I’ll say that messages like his are welcome, but I also acknowledge that if democrat politicians actually pay attention to his (and others voices like his) they will appeal to a broader base of voters come November, and that may be bad for political conservatives as a whole. However, I believe stopping these insane policies and respecting law and order again are better for the country as a whole, so I’ll take it, regardless of the path that gets us there.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    And if people, not government but PEOPLE, took real steps to fix what's wrong, he'd be the first to scream that THEY are the problem. He's scum, pure and simple. Look under the hood and you'll realize, people like him are a large part of how we got here in the first place.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    And if people, not government but PEOPLE, took real steps to fix what's wrong, he'd be the first to scream that THEY are the problem. He's scum, pure and simple. Look under the hood and you'll realize, people like him are a large part of how we got here in the first place.

This.

Give no quarter to the left's b*tches that got us here.

He was the darling of the left and now that its moved beyond him, he's suddenly "a voice a reason"? I don't think so.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Who is responsible for how we got here? In a way we all are. There is plenty of blame around but I’ll say Hollywood’s business is to broker your valuable time to anyone willing to pay. That for profit business is just selling what people will pay for. Now from a Bill Maher standpoint I do think he has always been a moderate leftist. That’s different that being a moderate who leans left. He’s also correct to point out that the party has indeed moved far left and abandoned many of the moderates in the party. For that matter many republicans and conservatives have moved left too.
    Idk. We don't have much blame here. I blame the fake opposition of the Republican party and the Silicone Valley leftists most of all. For the last 12 years our opinions have been in-organically dog piled on in internet spaces to make us look out of touch and radical. We've peacefully made our voices heard and recently (Fed led) angerly made our voices heard, and it all fell on deaf ears and mocked by people like Maher.

The right rarely sets policy and mostly relies on the left going to far and hoping the public opinion pendulum swings back in our favor

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Idk. We don't have much blame here. I blame the fake opposition of the Republican party and the Silicone Valley leftists most of all. For the last 12 years our opinions have been in-organically dog piled on in internet spaces to make us look out of touch and radical. We've peacefully made our voices heard and recently (Fed led) angerly made our voices heard, and it all fell on deaf ears and mocked by people like Maher.

The right rarely sets policy and mostly relies on the left going to far and hoping the public opinion pendulum swings back in our favor

The right sets policy too, but different policies. I mean seriously who do we blame for creating DHS and the Patriot act. Basically creating an entire branch of government designed to spy on American citizens. Now, don’t get me wrong, Obama took that football and ran with it, but Republicans created the monster. The entire political system is currently designed to suck tax dollars away from citizens and dispense them to the special interests groups on both sides. Anytime, anyone, Republicans or Democrats supports the expansion of government we are to blame.

I sometimes think the media is just allowed to exist to divert our attention away from the government.

How does this relate back to Maher? I’m just saying he is an entertainer, nothing more. It seems that liberals will at least listen to his opinions with a somewhat more open mind than say Tucker Carlson. However, if Tucker Carlson were to somehow state his opinion that Republicans and there policies were hurting other republicans, we might at least give him the benefit of the doubt and listen. So, his commentary about the state of the nation, is an important shift towards opinions I personally agree with. Would, I like it better if came out and apologized for his previous support? Maybe, but it doesn’t really matter. His current opinions, might force more democrat politicians to temper their enthusiasm for wildly leftist policy. Therefore, I welcome it, even if I don’t agree with his previous opinions.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    The right sets policy too, but different policies. I mean seriously who do we blame for creating DHS and the Patriot act. Basically creating an entire branch of government designed to spy on American citizens. Now, don’t get me wrong, Obama took that football and ran with it, but Republicans created the monster. The entire political system is currently designed to suck tax dollars away from citizens and dispense them to the special interests groups on both sides. Anytime, anyone, Republicans or Democrats supports the expansion of government we are to blame.

I sometimes think the media is just allowed to exist to divert our attention away from the government.

How does this relate back to Maher? I’m just saying he is an entertainer, nothing more. It seems that liberals will at least listen to his opinions with a somewhat more open mind than say Tucker Carlson. However, if Tucker Carlson were to somehow state his opinion that Republicans and there policies were hurting other republicans, we might at least give him the benefit of the doubt and listen. So, his commentary about the state of the nation, is an important shift towards opinions I personally agree with. Would, I like it better if came out and apologized for his previous support? Maybe, but it doesn’t really matter. His current opinions, might force more democrat politicians to temper their enthusiasm for wildly leftist policy. Therefore, I welcome it, even if I don’t agree with his previous opinions.
    I'm mistaken and used the wrong word. Culture, not policy.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I'm mistaken and used the wrong word. Culture, not policy.

That was a good reply. I think the right absolutely looses the culture battle, and this is a shame. This is a conundrum for me. On one hand I do blame democrats for the wild crime sprees that I see occurring. On the other hand pointing the finger at them, actually takes the focus away from the More serious problem and that is a lack of moral character from the public at large. It seems like a republican politician who stands up and says, “I’m going do something about the problem of broken families” would get laughed out of office. Yet at it’s core family values are one of the greatest American institutions to suffer, since the 60’s. There is no super PAC that is waiting in the wings with billions of dollars to spend to Build better nuclear families. Maybe there should be.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    100%

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    He's a liberal, not a leftist. There's a difference and they cannot coexist. The difference is liberals don't know that yet and don't understand the motivations of leftists. Leftists know they're at ideological war with liberals.

Last edited:

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    That was a good reply. I think the right absolutely looses the culture battle, and this is a shame. This is a conundrum for me. On one hand I do blame democrats for the wild crime sprees that I see occurring. On the other hand pointing the finger at them, actually takes the focus away from the More serious problem and that is a lack of moral character from the public at large. It seems like a republican politician who stands up and says, “I’m going do something about the problem of broken families” would get laughed out of office. Yet at it’s core family values are one of the greatest American institutions to suffer, since the 60’s. There is no super PAC that is waiting in the wings with billions of dollars to spend to Build better nuclear families. Maybe there should be.
    I completely agree with that.

As for DHS and the Patriot Act, I think the event of 9-11 activated programs that are "ready to go" no matter what party is in office. Just an expansion of the Federal gov.

I'll take some blame on that. I was hyped up on all the narratives spun, but when the Patriot Act was passed, I think most people (everyone I know) was like, "woah, wait...what is this crap?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom