• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kotyaer

Jan 14, 2012
    ESVA
    Waiting for delivery of a Crossbreed Supertuck. Kind of forced into it because it's one of a few holster manufacturers who makes FNX holsters.

Supposed to be comfy, we'll have to see.

booker

Apr 5, 2008
    Baltimore
    Raven Concealment or Milt Sparks, on a 1.5" bull hide belt. My next belt will be from A&G, heard good things.

The construction quality of Milt Sparks leather is the best I've seen.

Howe

Howe
    Apr 27, 2010
    exMD
    Love both Raven and Crossbreed. Raven are for my Glocks, and crossbreed is for my XD sub compact.

Pending on the where I carry and the firearm of choice, and the weather condition I use different set up.

I use either G17 or G19 on OWB with Raven. The pancake design makes large frame pistol quite conceal-able with an open front shirt. This is the set up on a Sunday if I walk around to do my shopping and stuff.

If its a working day that I had to get in and out the truck a lot, Crossbreed IWD is my choose. The leather backing piece made it extremely conformable even with my beer gut.
    I sweat a lot, if I am gonna be outside when there is no AC, I do find sweat get trap by the leather and I will have go home and dry it up.... sorry for the details but that's why I would use OWB on a hot day w/o AC.

I am using the same holsters for IDPA events, so leather is out of question.

A good gun belt makes a HUGE difference. Dress belts is for cell phones. I am a fan of 5.11 products. Their belts are solid, and some are affordable.

Tact belts are the best, but easier to be spot these days with front open shirts. If I saw someone with these belts, most likely they are carrying! which kinda took away the conceal carrying idea. I am transitioning to cow hide belts now to avoid unwanted attention.

Ooops

Former Navy Bubblehead
    Nov 11, 2010
    Red Lion, PA
    Tact belts are the best, but easier to be spot these days with front open shirts. If I saw someone with these belts, most likely they are carrying! which kinda took away the conceal carrying idea. I am transitioning to cow hide belts now to avoid unwanted attention.

Never thought of that issue.

PCO31

Glockstar
    Mar 3, 2011
    Ruger KP89: Galco COP strongside slide holster and COP double mag carrier
    Glock 26: Fobus G26 paddle/belt holster
    Ruger .44 Vaquero: Simply Rugged pancake holster

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    The proliferation of 5.11 pants, "operator" shirts, and tac-this, tac-that, big folders clipped to the pocket.. it's like a neon sign that somebody is either carrying, or wishes they could.

:lol2:

Nothing like posting a billboard to everyone, that you are carrying!

When I carry, you can't tell I'm carrying.

Jeans. Leather belt (sturdy enough to carry the holster/pistol) and either a 'Camp Shirt' or Polo shirt.
    (Picked up a harness leather belt from an Amish guy, in Efrata, PA [a place called "Green Dragon"], a couple of years back. GREAT belt for carrying!)

That little G26, (or the Mdl 60, or Charter Arms Undercover) disappears.

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    Wow. Check these belt out, guys. I've been on a search for a less expensive than the Filson after reading the reviews describing diminishing quality.

http://www.hanksclothing.com/amish_belts_brown_buy.html

a2495brn-2_size0.jpg

I ended up getting this belt a few days ago simply because I needed a good quality, casual leather belt. It's great. Money well spent.

:thumbsup:

Trew2Life

Aug 15, 2012
    Berkeley County, WV
    Fobus Rototary Paddle w/Thumb release and the Fobus Double Stack Magazine pouch. I don't practice "quick draws" per se. I do practice a consistent and reliable draw. I tend to favor the opinion posted above ... "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom