What the Heck is “Tactical Benchrest”???

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KRC

Sep 30, 2018
    Cecil County MD
    When TonyG picked up a 10/22, he kicked ass. As did all the MARS 800 point shooters who won 4 matches with bolts and 4 matches with semis. Just not many top shooters shoot semi's as their primary rifle.

I'll give you that, as a general rule (with LOTS of exceptions), bolts are more precise than semis. My point for this thread is, that if you're someone thinking about trying rimfire PRS, and all you have is a 10/22 (the most common rimfire rifle in the US?), then don't concern yourself with the whole bolt vs. semi thing, and bring that rifle out to a match. Once you decide to drop down the rabbit hole, THEN start to think about what you are going to spend all your disposable income on.

Dec 16, 2022
    Maryland
    When the top shooters pick up a 10/22, they win. Check out the MARS 800 scores. (Alas, I'm mid-pack on a good day . . . )

Hey "DeathBeforeDismount" of 5 posts - Identify your self at the next match and let's see what happens . . . :evilgrin3
    Steve knows me. I will be at the match on Saturday

FYI. Tony beat me by 2 points at quantico and that was with me not getting like 8 shots off due to mag failures.

You won't see top shooters running a 10/22 for the same reason you don't see top shooters running gas gun in centerfire. It's a non competive division. I say this as someone who just dumped $1500 into a 10/22.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    I'm signed up for Saturday as well for MARS. My only issue is I normally shoot with a suppressor. Now I need to reconfirm my zero without it before hand. Thanks Biden!

Dec 16, 2022
    Maryland
    Yea when it comes to the rimfire matches, it's probally better to not run a can. The ammo is subsonic so it's already hearing safe but the big thing is shot timers have trouble picking them up so you could loose points on a tiebreaker.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Steve, thanks for hosting the match. Here is a link to the photos I took at the match for both the MARS and Tactical Benchrest squads.

tundramuscle03

Beer Jockey
    Mar 19, 2007
    Dundalk Noob
    Absolutely true, I am the match director at Bridgeville, we want people to come out and enjoy the shooting sports. I will make every effort to make necessary concessions to allow any shooter to shoot the matches. As can long as it can be done in a safe manner it is acceptable. The main reason we put these matches on is to give people of all ages a chance to have fun, comradery with other shooters, and an opportunity/ venue for shooters to test their skills and improve them. The environment can be as competitive as you want to make it.

This year the PRS Rimfire Series has multiple categories (Open, Production, Juniors, Seniors, Ladies) that helps level the playing field so you don't have to compete in a gear race.

The bench rest match makes it possible for anyone to shoot. Juniors don't need to struggle lifting a rifle that is to heavy for them and seniors don't have to contort themselves into uncomfortable positions.

Myself and the rest of the shooters want you to attend and be part of a sport we enjoy. Hope to see you at a match.
    Czguy...did Bridgeville decide to keep the IBS Tactical class they did for a year in 2020? That sounds like fun to me, but from what I saw it was just for the year and was going to be decided later...if it's done, I really want to consider being a member for the reason...not always easy to make a PRS match

Czguy

Jul 12, 2022
    Maryland
    Czguy...did Bridgeville decide to keep the IBS Tactical class they did for a year in 2020? That sounds like fun to me, but from what I saw it was just for the year and was going to be decided later...if it's done, I really want to consider being a member for the reason...not always easy to make a PRS match
    Ibs is not a discipline that I shoot, but as far as I know they are still doing it. I see it on the calendar when I schedule my matches.

KRC

Sep 30, 2018
    Cecil County MD
    Reminder/Update:
    The next rimfire Tactical Benchrest (TB) match is coming soon to Quinton NJ, on Saturday 1/28. The TB match will be held alongside the regular rimfire PRS/MARS match at Quinton. (FYI the Quinton range is about 20 minutes drive from the Delaware Memorial Bridge.)

The next Tactical Benchrest match in Delaware is upcoming at Bridgeville, DE (BRPC) on Saturday Feb. 4. The TB match will be held alongside the regular rimfire PRS/MARS match at Bridgeville.

To register for the upcoming Jan. 28, 2023 Tactical Benchrest match at Quinton, NJ:
    https://practiscore.com/quinton-tactical-benchrest-january-2023/register

To register for the upcoming Feb. 4, 2023 Tactical Benchrest match at Bridgeville, DE:

To register for the Jan. 28 2023 PRS/MARS type match at Quinton, NJ:
    https://practiscore.com/quinton-mars-january-2023/register

To register for the Feb. 4 2023 PRS/MARS type match at Bridgeville, DE:

Czguy

Jul 12, 2022
    Maryland
    Anyone in the interested in coming out and testing your skill? Bridgeville Rifle and Pistol Club will be having a Rimfire PRS Match on February 4th. There will also be a Tactical Bench Rest Match at the same time in conjunction with the PRS match. The Tactical Bench Rest shoots the same course of fire as the PRS shooters, just from the bench. Targets will be at various distances out to 210 yards.

Bridgeville does have a bunkhouse available for $25/ night for those traveling from outside the area. RV sites are also available with 50amp hookup. For more information please email Bridgevillenrl22@gmail.com.

Below are the links to register for the matches:

Rimfire PRS

Tactical Bench Rest

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom