• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    I found some old cast iron Dutch ovens and skillets at a Estate sale over the weekend , They were moving into one of those assisted living places were they cook for you and she hated to part with them but she couldn't lift them anymore and her kids didn't want them .

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    20220916_173724.jpg

20220918_125059.jpg

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I went fairly no name.

amazon.com/gp/product/B07YB6R18M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've only put two deer through it in 2 seasons. Its working well so far. No plastic bits that I've seen anywhere in it. I forget what I got it for, I want to say it was about $100 on sale at the time. It is pretty loud though. I would not want to grind a cow with it. But grinding 20-30# isn't bad. It does a good job, even with semi-frozen deer cubes.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I have an older Cabelas 400 watt grinder they called "Heavy Duty" I upgraded and put it down stairs for my daughter to take when she moves out. I process all my own and making sausage, mixing bologna, hotdogs, venison bacon uses a lot of muscle. Way more than that grinder or my 1/2 drill were going to handle long term. Those will work, if you are not mixing, fine grinding and stuffing much. Stuffing is a PITA with a grinder anyway and bought a stuffer. I got stories on trying to stuff with a grinder and it includes lots of cursing.

I went with the LEM Bite bite 3/4 horse and 25# mixer 2+ years ago. Glad I did as I paid $392 for it the and its $529 on amazon now :eek:

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I’ve committed to the Ridgid 18V tool line from Home Depot. I saw they are now selling a power inverter so you can run 110V (and a couple USB charging ports) from their 18V batteries. Now it only has 175W, but as I learned during our last power outage, a box fan draws less than 100W and can make comfort much better. Since I already have the batteries for my tools, I figured I’d get the power inverter so I have another power source if necessary.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I’ve committed to the Ridgid 18V tool line from Home Depot. I saw they are now selling a power inverter so you can run 110V (and a couple USB charging ports) from their 18V batteries. Now it only has 175W, but as I learned during our last power outage, a box fan draws less than 100W and can make comfort much better. Since I already have the batteries for my tools, I figured I’d get the power inverter so I have another power source if necessary.

This is neat. Wonder how long it will run a fan on just batteries alone.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    If a box fan draws 80W of power, at 18V that's 4.44A (80W x 18V = 4.44A) then the batteries will last around:

2Ah battery - about 1/2 hour
    4Ah battery - about 1 hour
    6Ah battery - about 1 1/2 hours
    8Ah battery - about 2 hours

I have a decent amount of batteries because each time I get a tool, I try to get it on sale with a free battery. This would also be useful in charging phones and smaller items.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    This is neat. Wonder how long it will run a fan on just batteries alone.
    It's a lot more efficient to just run a fan directly off the battery, rather than laundering it through an inverter. Since I've got lots of 20V and 60V Dewalt tools, this fan was a no-brainer. Runs all night and then some on the same battery I'd use for a leaf blower. There are two versions. A slightly more expensive one has an AC port on it for using it with grid power, too.
    1663904573288.png

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    It's a lot more efficient to just run a fan directly off the battery, rather than laundering it through an inverter. Since I've got lots of 20V and 60V Dewalt tools, this fan was a no-brainer. Runs all night and then some on the same battery I'd use for a leaf blower. There are two versions. A slightly more expensive one has an AC port on it for using it with grid power, too.
    View attachment 381235
    This is a great tool, we use it on camping trips, really helps out when laying down for bed

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой

Have you seen this fan?

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay

Yes what he said. Power inverters and have what is called PF (Power factor) and you can read it in thier specs. Some are as high as 87% Meaning you loose 13% of the battery power. Most are 80% (20% loss) and some are in the 70% range for cheap stuff.

I used to build remote network cabinet for our security installations and was amazed switching from 120vac devices and power inverters to 48vdc devices and the same source battery how much smaller and longer the same size batteries lasted.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Only for alcohol.. distillers are used for many purposes such as water, therapeutic oils
    Is it legal to distill alcohol without possession of a commercial distiller’s permit or a fuel alcohol permit?

• No. Maryland Code Section g2b-1-201(a)(3) provides that “A person may not manufacture, blend, rectify, bottle or suffer to be manufactured, blended, rectified or bottled any alcoholic beverages except on premises licensed under this article unless otherwise provided for in this article”.
    That sounds like you can't brew beer or ferment wine either. ".....any alcoholic beverages....."

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Stopped by the local grocery store for some 1/2&1/2 and saw they had jasmine rice in 25 lb bags buy one get one free at 17.95 a bag , So I have 150 lb's and ordered some 5 gl buckets , bags and oxygen absorbing chips , and I'll be sealing them up , My girlfriend said just put a Bay Leaf in to keep out bugs I've never heard of that but I'll put them in to make her happy

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom