• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sprta

Jan 5, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    I applied Thursday (12/1) and was approved less than 24 hours later on Friday (12/2). I went with the Adams County Sheriff's office. I logged in yesterday to make an appointment to get my picture taken and pick up the permit. The first appointment date available is January 3rd, 2023! They must be slammed with these permit requests.
    Interesting, applied Delaware Cty, once approved, no appointment necessary for pickup. Parking is a nightmare and approval took two weeks.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Now that my W&C is in hand, it's time to turn to PA, but the Adams Co and York applications seem to have the same hassles as MD:

- do they actually contact your employer? this would be a no-go for me, dawg
    - do they actually contact your references? mine won't care, but I need to know if I need to give them a heads up
    No they don't, not in my case. (or anyone here on the forum after the Bruen decision, at least not to my knowledge)
    York approved mine in less than 12 hours and the majority of that was overnight.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    And just like that, the PA CCW app was approved the next business day

Added: holy cow, appointments are booked until 1/23/23 at the earliest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    What is the closest pa county that issues non resident permits
    The closest to where I live in Harford County is York County, PA. Lancaster is closer but they dont issue NR permits. Got mine recently in York. 6 days for approval, 5 days to get appointment to pick up at York courthouse Sheriffs office. They have a satellite office that was a little closer but they were booked for the foreseeable future. All in all, a pleasant, easy experience other than finding parking.

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    For folk in a hurry, consider a different county other than Adams.

My permit was approved on 1/17, but the soonest pickup day was 3/1.

:shocking:

Plan accordingly...

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Strike Adams County...

"Due to a high volume of Out of State Applicants, we are temporarily no longer accepting applications.

We will resume again at a later date.

Effective March 2023 we will no longer be using online applications for License to Carry."

I just submitted my renewal (now new) application to York.
    Sheesh.

This Penn Stater will just head up to Centre County and get some Penn State Creamery icecream while I'm there.

Ismee

Jan 6, 2018
    "I just submitted my renewal (now new) application to York."

And after I received a phone call to clarify submitted information this morning, I received telephone and email notification of permit approval (that took 24 hours).

IIRC, the conversation mentioned that only 5 or 6 of the 67 counties in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania issue non-resident permits. The deputy that I spoke with mentioned upholding the constitution. Kudos to the York County Sheriff for being one of the earliest and continuing Sheriffs to do so! :clap:

Last edited:

BelAirSteve

Apr 17, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    I received notice that the PA State Police PICS denied my application. The York County Sherriff's office called me personally and encouraged me to appeal. PASP does not disclose the reason for denial, however if the appeal is denied they must give a reason. I have had secret clearances in my past career, have been through several background checks for purchases in Maryland, and have a very high credit score, etc. I can't think of any reason why it would be denied. I sent me appeal in yesterday, so hopefully it was a mistake, or a technicality.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Headed up to the satellite office in York today to pick mine up, all of 10 mins and I was outta there. Very efficient.

BelAirSteve

Apr 17, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    I received notice that the PA State Police PICS denied my application. The York County Sherriff's office called me personally and encouraged me to appeal. PASP does not disclose the reason for denial, however if the appeal is denied they must give a reason. I have had secret clearances in my past career, have been through several background checks for purchases in Maryland, and have a very high credit score, etc. I can't think of any reason why it would be denied. I sent me appeal in yesterday, so hopefully it was a mistake, or a technicality.

Update - I sent in the appeal form and I won the appeal. Re-applied and got approved in 36 hours. Pick it up next week.

LAC_MD

Oct 18, 2022
    Towson
    Update - I sent in the appeal form and I won the appeal. Re-applied and got approved in 36 hours. Pick it up next week.
    Glad you got it cleared up. 1st denial I heard of in that way in PA but I am hearing DC is getting creative with holding up CCWs now.…

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom