• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    That's why looking at one part of what somebody says, out of context with everything else that they've said on the topic (go back a couple of posts), can lead to a totally different interpretation of what they are saying.

OK. This is the last time I'm saying this, and then I"m done with this thread. My posts have not been about how I think things should be, or how I wish they were. They have been a purposively neutral look at how I think the game needs to be played, given the current political environment. Neither the anti-gun minority on the extreme left, wishing the unicorns would make all the guns disappear, nor those on the extreme right, ready to hit the bunkers in defiance of the current laws, are going to change anything. That change needs to come from (or with the support of) the majority in the middle, and that support is not going to develop unless we educate them. I don't know what about this position makes me a pariah in the eyes of a few folks here, but I can live with that.

I'm outta this thread.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    That's why looking at one part of what somebody says, out of context with everything else that they've said on the topic (go back a couple of posts), can lead to a totally different interpretation of what they are saying.

OK. This is the last time I'm saying this, and then I"m done with this thread. My posts have not been about how I think things should be, or how I wish they were. They have been a purposively neutral look at how I think the game needs to be played, given the current political environment. Neither the anti-gun minority on the extreme left, wishing the unicorns would make all the guns disappear, nor those on the extreme right, ready to hit the bunkers in defiance of the current laws, are going to change anything. That change needs to come from (or with the support of) the majority in the middle, and that support is not going to develop unless we educate them. I don't know what about this position makes me a pariah in the eyes of a few folks here, but I can live with that.

I'm outta this thread.

You need to familiarize yourself with what a republic is supposed to be.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick

I'm outta this thread.

As usual, wrong again. Things like this are always decided by the people on the fringes on both sides of the battle, not the sheep in the middle who will just stand there stupidly waiting to be fed and dictated too.

This thread (and your previous) has made one thing clear. You love to hear yourself talk and you have severe superiority complex. You don't know half of what you think you know and you love to preach down to people you view yourself as smarter than. Common traits among elitist liberal progressive. As I said in the previous thread, I suspect you are one and you voted for Obama at least once. I don't expect you will respond to refute that this time either.

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    You are absolutely right about them being ignored. That's a given. I don't think anyone expects anything to change because of a petition--especially insofar as Obama is concerned. Yes, of course, he'll at best put out some sort of BS answer with the Biden spin on it.

Just to recap.

1. I should feel bad about not signing a petition because you say I should.
    2. Most agree the WH will not do anything even if I do sign.
    3. You admit that nothing will change if I sign said petition.

Am I all caught up?

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Just to recap.

1. I should feel bad about not signing a petition because you say I should.
    2. Most agree the WH will not do anything even if I do sign.
    3. You admit that nothing will change if I sign said petition.

Am I all caught up?

That's about the size of it. :D

BTW... even though I had no illusions as to what this would accomplish, I was #89... it has grown to 14951.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Oh... did anybody else notice that on the petition site, there is the listing of the Administration:

The Administration
    President Barack Obama
    Vice President Joe Biden
    First Lady Michelle Obama
    Dr. Jill Biden
    The Cabinet
    White House Staff
    Executive Office of the President
    Other Advisory Boards

WHEN THE _____ did the first lady and the second lady (or whatever she is called) become part of the administration??? They have NO responsibilities, authority, or accountability and are in no way shape or form part of the administration. That caught my eye and now I've got another reason to be ticked off.... like I needed another.

johnb007

Jul 6, 2011
    Has anyone noticed that the number of petition signatures has gotten smaller? It was up to 86K, now it's down to 83K. Can you un-sign these petitions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom