What gun for first time carrying on a Maryland permit?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    Do something nice, you have plenty of good setups to choose from.
    I was an HQL holdout so I really didn’t have an ideal carry gun. I was thinking of carrying a Polish subcompact by I only had the military issue flap holster.

I ended up carrying my Sig P220 in an OWB German police holster. It was concealed beneath my button down shirt.

The P220 was the first handgun that I ever bought. I bought it from Lou when he had his shop in Arbutus. I didn’t think I would ever be able to legally carry it. Thanks Lou!

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Everyone didn't catch on to the subtleties . OP is a gun guy , and familiar with carrying generally .

He was wondering what he should carry specifically for first time in Maryland to Commemorate being able to do so .

So potentially something other than typical daily carry , for pride while doing so , and to make a good story in later years .
    Meh, he lost me when he claimed that he's been carrying for decades but the first time out in the People's Republic he had to check himself twice in the bathroom. Bless his heart.

More cougar pics....

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    First time carrying in Maryland, RIA commander size .45 acp. Wearing sweat pants and tee shirt, so a belly band. Felt really good to walk past 2 of Baltimore's finest have a chat by the door at a Rite Aid. Knowing I was completely legal. It has been a long, long wait to do this.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Are you going to do a Maryland Walmart Walk?

If you want to make a celebratory ritual of it, then I say dress to the nines: necktie, clean underwear, and your best Barbecue rig. The King Cobra sounds good for a barbecue gun, if you have a holster for it. Either that or the 1911.

No, wear the Smith in that nice carved leather. That's a proper barbecue rug. But it deserves Open Carry.

Are you coming to the meet up at the Essen Room on December 11?
    Do you sometimes go out with dirty underwear? Isn't that kind of a given?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Do you sometimes go out with dirty underwear? Isn't that kind of a given?

Mademoiselle from Armentieres:
    Never even heard of underwear.
    Hinky, Dinky, Parlez-Vous!

iu

FatTony

Aug 2, 2015
    Carroll County
    Currently carry a P365 with a Wilson Combat grip module.
    My first carry gun was a Performance Center M&P shield and still love how this Performance Center shoots. Just wanted something a little easier to conceal with more standard round capacity.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Three pages in and I'm still not sure what this thread is about but I like the cougar thread drift. Speaking of which, anyone else spot Stiffler's mom in the new Old Navy Christmas adverts?

Yes. Still have no idea what the ad is for……and I don’t care, it’s Stiffler’s mom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom