What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Tearing it down. Moving, might offer it for sale. Local old growth pine, epoxied. Local tobacco barn poplar Sides.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    135 rounds of 230gr FMJ .45acp. Just restocking after my range trip over the weekend. If I can get around to it, I'll load another few score rounds tomorrow. +/- 200 rounds would get me at least 2, maybe 3 range trips stocked up. I also need to reload some more 9mm as my can of reloads is running pretty low. Maybe only 150 rounds left.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Tearing it down. Moving, might offer it for sale. Local old growth pine, epoxied. Local tobacco barn poplar Sides.
    Nice sounding bench. sounds about the same here... tearing mine down, packing (ugh..%#$%%**)
    Have it all mostly in Lrg. Postal boxes (managable) on Amazon 4-5 Shelf Racks with casters.. Ammo
    cans another story all together..then got to unpack all this stuff...

-Rock

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Restocked my 9mm buffer, and reprinted/installed the shell guide for my 650/sizing die (which involved clearing a 3D printer jam).

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Cranked out another 400-500 9mm on the 650... prepping for doing a run of 9 Major, revolver 9mm (with Fed SPP), and maybe even some lightly-loaded 357. Might spend an hour tonight fixing the crimps on my remaining 45ACP rounds (ETA: did it).

Last edited:

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Absolutely nothing : (

Still have a Hornady Lock-N-Load in the box that I picked up 5+ years ago and primers in the safe, but I shoot so rarely any more (sometimes 12mo+ between trigger pulls!) that I haven't ever progressed to getting dies, bullets or powder : (

6 kids + many projects + inability to shoot on my own property has my reloading bench waiting for CCR's "some day"

I must say I don't feel much better after this confession

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Yesterday I made some 110g 6.8SPC ammo close to the upper limits of published load data to continue troubleshooting the rifle’s function. Today I shot them and it did not improve over the factory ammo.

Next I plan on trying 120g projectiles hoping to see if that might help retain pressure for proper cycling. After that I’ll try some other loads with large rifle primers. Right now I’m using small rifle primers with Hornady data.

Backstory: I have a 18” barrel with a medium gas system that won’t hold the bolt open all the way after the last round. So far 115g REM ammo seems to work with a reduced weight buffer.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Had a reloading marathon yesterday. Organized my brass hoard to a "things i shoot" pile, a "things i don't shoot" pile, and a pallet of USPS boxes of 223/9mm.

- Casted some lee 170 grain flat points and reloaded ~150ish reduced cast loads for the marlin 336 30-30.
    - Converted all the gp11 brass i had at hand as SRP 7.5 swiss brass using the mini-lathe; loaded up ~200 converted gp11 reduced loads for the k31 and k11.
    - Decided to pull a late night brass prep on my 308 winchester; progressive loaded ~180ish reduced loads for the L1A1 and AR10.

Power went out due to the storm, so that was time i had to stop. I also non-SS wet tumbled a bunch of 38 spl brass, 45 ACP brass, and 7.62x39 brass and they came out purrty. 45 mins in a half full FART, a dollop of armorall wax n' shine, scalding hot water, and a 45 ACP case full of citric acid (lemishine) is my recipe.

1656902672378.png

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    Casted a bunch of 7mm pills and PC and sized them, trimmed a bunch of brass I’ve had laying around, primed about 200 pieces of 308 and 9mm to load some time later this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Tweaked the bullet feeder on my Mark7 to finally feed right, and loaded a bit more 223. TBH, I don't shoot as much 223 as I thought, so I will probably swap over to 300AAC loading soon.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Cast some 9mm boolits since the weather sucks for shooting them. Love the NOE molds, first pour were keepers and the only rejects were operator error, otherwise they just fall out pretty as can be. Too humid to PC them today, so maybe tomorrow..

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Finally finished swaging my 5gal of 5.56 nato brass and ready to try out my 3D printed vacuum chutes on the HF saw and jig to make 300bo. I haven’t had any bulk of 300bo processed for over a year, just been reloading what I’ve been shooting.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Progressive loaded 400 9mm. Had to bin the first batch of 100 to be de-milled out of an abundance caution as I was catching myself putting a charged case back into the powder dropping station doing a "tared cased sample" scale test (weigh empty case to tare scale, charge case via powder dropper station, weigh again, put it on seating station) instead of the seating station, risking the possibility of some previous weight samplings being double charged.

Learning from my mistake, I opted to just dump the powder on the powder scale instead and throw the emptied case back into the shell feeder for weight trials. All 300 9mm were progressive loaded without incidence.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Started putting together my 9 Major toolhead for the 650. Discovered my calipers had gone bad, so gotta wait on a new set from Amazon so I can get OAL and crimp fully dialed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom