• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I would’ve started already. Getting the class lined up may be the biggest hurtle. Then of course how slow everything is getting done these days. Mine is in November and I’ll start in July like I did last renewal.
    I thought it was 90 business days so I just checked and that still stands. I do believe I’ve also read that if you got your renewal in by x your good to carry until you get your renewal or denial. You’ll probably be able to find that info. Good luck!

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    I would’ve started already. Getting the class lined up may be the biggest hurtle. Then of course how slow everything is getting done these days. Mine is in November and I’ll start in July like I did last renewal.
    I thought it was 90 business days so I just checked and that still stands. I do believe I’ve also read that if you got your renewal in by x your good to carry until you get your renewal or denial. You’ll probably be able to find that info. Good luck!

From the MSP web site:

https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizat...ingDivision/Firearms/WearandCarryPermit.aspx#

Scroll down to the Frequently Asked Questions section.

If my handgun permit should expire before I receive my renewed handgun permit card, can I still carry a handgun?
    ​As long as the renewal application has been received at the Handgun Permit Section at least two (2) weeks prior to the expiration date of the current handgun permit, you are still allowed to carry on the expired permit until you receive your renewed permit. If the application is returned to you for incompleteness and you resubmit it after the two (2) weeks, you will not be allowed to carry your handgun.​

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I thought is was “two weeks before” but that seemed like a odd number since they are looking for 90 business days out. Good for us though

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom