• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I do that I my classes. Normal safety brief, gunshot/heat stroke/heart attack/bee sting whatever. Who will call 911. Who has first aid training. What the address is. Where to wait for an ambulance. A script to repeat to 911 if it is an accidental gun shot:
    This is not an active shooter. This was an accident at a firearms class. There is no threat. Please send ems/paramedics. The scene does not need to be cleared for safety. Please do not send a swat team.

Do not say "someone has been shot send help" and hang up. Because medical help will be delayed while police respond and clear the scene first.

I also cover trauma bags/blow out kits, why they are a good idea, and where to get training to use them.

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    I was about to say mine did but my instructor posted first.
    I do that I my classes. Normal safety brief, gunshot/heat stroke/heart attack/bee sting whatever. Who will call 911. Who has first aid training. What the address is. Where to wait for an ambulance. A script to repeat to 911 if it is an accidental gun shot:
    This is not an active shooter. This was an accident at a firearms class. There is no threat. Please send ems/paramedics. The scene does not need to be cleared for safety. Please do not send a swat team.

Do not say "someone has been shot send help" and hang up. Because medical help will be delayed while police respond and clear the scene first.

I also cover trauma bags/blow out kits, why they are a good idea, and where to get training to use them.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

I didn't get that part in my class, about what to say to 911.

That said, IWLA member and that IS part of the safety brief for the RSO/range safety class. Be clear this was an accident at a firearm range and there is no active shooter situation. Otherwise, police will show up first before EMS and delay treatment.

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    I did my course with
    Kirby Bowling
    GAPP Strategies, LLC
    www.gappstrategies.org/protection

There were only 3 of us in the class which allowed a lot of interaction, drilling and evaluation/pointers. Classroom part was in his basement in Laurel and the range portion was done at AGC. I really liked this far better than I would have if I was in one of those large-sized groups.

JRisBundyboyz

Nov 23, 2007
    Bel Air
    Baltimore county class I took had to be one of the worst. I saw so many people get flagged on 2nd day, just glad nobody got hurt.

Be careful

TheWhiteBuffalo

Not Impressed
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hughesville, MD
    I was told today that an instructor in Southern Maryland shot himself in the leg while teaching a course. Not a bad wound from what I was told, but a negligent discharge nonetheless.

Needless to say...... Not good for business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom