Water Tap Wrenches?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

  • No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kagetsu

    Active Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    I have one of those crossed water tap wrenches that is supposed to fit the square lug on water taps that are in public access. Everywhere I've tried it. it turns out, it's a little too small. Does anyone have experience with these?


    Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    I have used the 4way water keys on commercial buildings. I've also used regular pliers and needle nose pliers when I didn't have a key. A Leatherman would work


    Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Spigots made by Zurn use their own sized square wrench not found on the ubiquitous 4-way. As luck would have it, it happens to be 3/8 square (or pretty darn close). The 4-way had a 1/4 inch socket end on it. So, if you buy a 3/8 to 1/4 socket adapter (for using 1/4drive sockets on your 3/8 drive ratchet), you can put it on your 4-way to use on Zurn spigots.
    A 12pt 12mm socket will also work.

    Users who are viewing this thread

    Latest posts

    Forum statistics

    Latest member

    Latest threads

    Top Bottom