• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    ...Ranks up there with watching paint dry! :D

But when you're a committed reloader and boolit caster, it's all part of the process. The good news is when you use Alox to lube boolits, you can multitask and do things like cook clam sauce in a crock pot to put on linguini for dinner. ;)

With a new .44 mag mouth to feed, having another 700 or so boolits on hand made good sense. Half are lubed and sized with gas checks. Still have some to go, but the lube is now dry. :thumbsup:

Casting your own boolits? Cheap. Reloading your own range ammo? Cheaper (and better) than factory ammo. The aroma of Alox burning off the boolits at the range?...

Priceless!

:innocent0

Attachments

• DSC00081.jpg
      DSC00081.jpg
      85.3 KB · Views: 165

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Are those Lyman .44 ? I borrowed my neighbors Lyman .44 mold once and cast about 100 bullets. Lubed, resized them with GC's and went to load them in some nice pretty brass and the bullets fell right through the mouth of the brass. I casted another 25, did no resizing and they fit perfectly.

I have not casted anything in a few weeks, but, I do have to get some more 20 Gauge slugs done.

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Are those Lyman .44 ? I borrowed my neighbors Lyman .44 mold once and cast about 100 bullets. Lubed, resized them with GC's and went to load them in some nice pretty brass and the bullets fell right through the mouth of the brass. I casted another 25, did no resizing and they fit perfectly.

I have not casted anything in a few weeks, but, I do have to get some more 20 Gauge slugs done.

They look like Elmer's bullet to me. 44, 250 gr.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom